|Group Leader:||Sandra Graham|
|When:||2nd & Last Friday, 9.30am (see below 'Dates for your Diary' for specific dates)|
|Where:||Biddick Inn (carpark), Bonemill Ln, Washington NE38 8AJ.|
|Walk Start:||See below‘Dates for your Diary’. Meet as above to share car to location or make your own way there.|
|Fee:||£0.00/session, Walkers to provide their own refreshments.|
|Health:||Walkers must prove themselves fit enough to cope with the walks, especially those that are more strenuous and challenging.|
|Note 1:||Walks are generally between 4 and 8 miles.|
|Note 2:||Appropriate footwear/ clothing must be worn.(see below)|
PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE INFORMATION IN THE ABOVE BOX (inform website Admin). USE ‘EVENTS’ FOR MEETING INFORMATION
The usual group walks are suspended due to the current Coronavirus crisis. Until we are able to meet again face to face, if you would like to keep in touch with fellow group members, you can do so via our Walking Group WhatsApp. Please contact Sandra via the link above if you would like to join this Group. We'd love to hear from you! I'll let you know as soon as we are able to resume our walks.
The following information is relevant when walks resume.
Get fit, burn some calories, visit some interesting local places in good company with our Walking Group!
See 'Dates for your Diary' for information about planned walks i.e., proposed route, distance, grading (Easy, Moderate or Challenging), conditions underfoot.
General Information for Walkers
1. You are advised to wear walking boots
2. Waterproof jacket should be worn or carried.
3. Appropriate clothing to be worn e.g. light-weight walking clothing, fleeces, layers of clothing rather than bulky jackets.
4. What to bring? It is advised -some food, a drink, mobile phone and walking pole if required.
5. It is the policy of Washington Village U3A for dogs not to be allowed on walks.
6. The leader of the walk, not necessarily the Group Leader, determines the route and reserves the right to alter the walk, as appropriate.
Follow the links in the right hand column Group for more detail on the group's completed walks.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.