|Group Leader:||Sandra Graham|
|When:||2nd & Last Friday, 9.30am (see below 'Dates for your Diary' for specific dates)|
|Where:||Biddick Inn (carpark), Bonemill Ln, Washington NE38 8AJ.|
|Walk Start:||See below‘Dates for your Diary’. Meet as above to share car to location or make your own way there.|
|Fee:||£0.00/session, Walkers to provide their own refreshments.|
|Health:||Walkers must prove themselves fit enough to cope with the walks, especially those that are more strenuous and challenging.|
|Note 1:||Walks are generally between 4 and 8 miles.|
|Note 2:||Appropriate footwear/ clothing must be worn.(see below)|
PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE INFORMATION IN THE ABOVE BOX (inform website Admin). USE ‘EVENTS’ FOR MEETING INFORMATION
Walks recommenced 28th May and will continue on a twice monthly basis providing Covid Restrictions do not worsen. At the moment, we are not car sharing so rather than meet at the Biddick at 9:30am, we'll meet at the walk starting point at 10am.
We also have a Walking Group WhatsApp for group members who wish to keep in touch with one another. Please contact Sandra via the link in the right hand column if you would like to join this Group.
Get fit, burn some calories, visit some interesting local places in good company with our Walking Group!
See 'Dates for your Diary' for information about planned walks i.e., proposed route, distance, grading (Easy, Moderate or Challenging), conditions underfoot.
General Information for Walkers
1. You are advised to wear walking boots
2. Waterproof jacket should be worn or carried.
3. Appropriate clothing to be worn e.g. light-weight walking clothing, fleeces, layers of clothing rather than bulky jackets.
4. What to bring? It is advised -some food, a drink, mobile phone and walking pole if required.
5. It is the policy of Washington Village U3A for dogs not to be allowed on walks.
6. The leader of the walk, not necessarily the Group Leader, determines the route and reserves the right to alter the walk, as appropriate.
Follow the links in the right hand column Group for more detail on the group's completed walks.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Fri Dec 10th||Planning meeting in the marquee located at Biddick Farm Arts Centre. This will be preceded by a short walk around Princess Anne Park, led by Paul and Julie Stevens, starting at the Arts Centre. The meeting time and walk details will follow shortly.|
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.