Warsop & District U3A
Pop Music Quiz Just for fun
The Next Line, the Title and the Singer/Group/Band
Answers will be published here at the beginning July
1. You don’t like crazy music, you don’t like rocking bands, You just want to go to a movie show and sit there holding hands
2. The taxman’s taken all my dough and left me in my stately home
3. I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them grow for me and you
4. Nothing you can say can tear me away from
5. Everybody’s doing a brand new dance now
6. You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain too much love drives a man insane you broke my will, but what a thrill
7. Friday night and everything’s right
8. Oh you railway station, oh you Pullman train Here’s my reservation for my destination far beyond the western plains
9. When I see my baby what do I see
10. As I walk along I wonder what went wrong with our love, a love that was so strong And as I still walk on I think of the things we’ve done together while our hearts were young And I wonder, oh where she will stay,
11. I want to be your lover but your friend is all I stay
12. Come on everybody clap your hands, oh you’re looking good I’m gonna sing my song it won’t take long, we’re gonna do the twist and it goes like this
13. Well he walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance He looked kinda nice and so I said I might take a chance
14. When I find myself in times of trouble
15. You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life Ooh see that girl, watch that scene
16. If I see you tomorrow on some street in town, pardon me if I don't say hello I belong to another, it wouldn't look so good to know someone I'm not supposed to know
17. The moment I wake up, before I put on my make up
18. People try to put us down, just because we get around
19. We skipped the light fandango Turned cartwheels cross the floor
20. It’s one for the money, two for the show Three to get ready now go cat go
21. When I want you in my arms, when I want you and all your charms
22. If there’s anything that you want, if there’s anything I can do Just call on me
23. You think we look pretty good together You think my shoes are made of leather
24. Ground control to Major Tom Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
25. Well baby used to stay out night long. She made me cry, she done me wrong
26. I thought love was only true in fairy tales Meant for someone else but not for me
27. Ooh you come on like a dream, peaches and cream, lips like strawberry wine
28. My tears are falling cos you’ve taken her away And even though it hurts me so, there’s something that I’ve gotta say
29. One can have a dream baby Two can make a dream so real
30. We don’t need no education We don’t need no thought control
31. In this dirty old part of the city Where the sun refused to shine People tell me there ain't no use in tryin'
32. Dearest darling I had to write to say that I won't be home anymore 'Cause something happened to me while I was driving home And I'm not the same anymore
33. Woke up this morning feeling fine There’s something special on my mind, last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood
34. When you walk through a storm Hold your head up high and don’t be afraid of the dark
35. Met him on a Monday and my heart stood still
36. Picked her up on a Friday night
37. You think you’ve lost your love, well I saw her yesterday, it’s you she’s thinking of and she told me what to say
38. I’m sitting in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination on a tour of one night stands, my suitcase and guitar in hand And every stop is neatly planned for a poet and a one man band
39. If you want to turn me onto anything you really want to Turn me onto your love your love
40. There is a house in New Orleans they call the Rising Sun And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy And God I know I'm one
41. You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips
42. They say we’re young and we don’t know We won't find out until we grow Well I don't know if all that's true
43. I saw her today, I saw her face It was the face I loved and I knew I had to run away and get down on my knees and pray That they'd go away, but still they begin
44. The best things in life are free But you can keep 'em for the birds and
45. I’ve got a feeling inside
46. I’m gonna raise a fuss, I’m gonna raise a holler cos I’ve been workin' all summer just trying to earn a dollar
47. I can’t help it ‘bout the shape I’m in I cant sing, I ain’t pretty and my legs are thin but don’t ask me what I think of you I might not give the answer that you want me to
48. And did those feet in ancient time Walk upon England’s mountains green
49. Is this the real life, is this just fantasy Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see, I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low, Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me
50. I’m not content to be with you in the daytime Girl I want to be with you all of the time The only time I feel alright is by your side
MESSAGE FROM COMMITTEE
At a recent Committee meeting held via Zoom it was agreed that at present it is too early to begin any of our activities. The Tudor Barn is still closed as are the other venues used by our varies interest groups. Therefore July's meetings are all cancelled. The VJ Day celebration in August has also been cancelled, it is envisaged that this will be postponed until August 2021 (which seems to be what is happening nationally with all such similar celebrations). The Committee will meet again via Zoom in July to to discuss the ongoing situation and hopefully we will have better news.
You can, of course arrange to keep in contact with members in you groups via either email, phone, skype, WhatsApp, facetime, our Website and/or our Facebook page. If you have any further questions regarding your group please email your group coordinator, if they can’t answer your question they will contact Ann for info.
1. Day Trips
York and Chocolate Museum - CANCELLED
Woodhall Spa 1940 - CANCELLED
In line with Government advice regarding none essential travel we have decided to cancel the above day trips. Monies will be refunded when possible. We wish you all to stay safe.
2. The AGM has been adjourned, and once it is safe and within Government guidelines we will arrange a new date for the AGM.
With regards to renewing membership, if you have not already done so then we will resume renewal once the G.M’s are running again with 1 months grace as normal. You can of course renew now by contacting the Membership Secretary, Jim Shervey.
3. The decision has been made to postpone our first National U3A Day from 3 June 2020 to 1 October 2020 which is International Day of Older Persons.
You can, of course, contact Zena if you have any issues that you would like to discuss who will do her very best to help.
The Committee would like to wish everyone the very best.