Seeking new members and proposed groups
Proposed New Groups
It is proposed to start a Picknmix 2 run along the lines of the successful Picknmix which is currently full and has a waiting list. The Picknmix members meet monthly in a local pub in Ware to plan and organise events among themselves.
All Members are welcome to join.
If you have recently joined Ware U3A this is a really good way to get to know other members. Why not give it a try?
It is proposed to start a Zumba Gold Group.
Zumba Gold is a modified Zumba class that recreates dance moves at a lower intensity. The aim of the class is to move a little focusing on balance, motion, coordination and have lots of fun.
If interested in finding out more about the proposed groups send Geoffrey Morrison the New Groups Coordinator a message by selecting the message symbol, top right or speak to him at the new groups table at the monthly meeting.
New Group: Nordic Walking
Nordic Walking is an amiable, all-body exercise. Anyone who is happy to walk a couple of miles can have a go. Poles will be provided. There will be a free initial session to see how you get on with it.
The group will be based at Wodson and will be held on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, whichever is the most requested.
If interested please send Geoff Morrison the New Groups Coordinator a message by selecting the message symbol, top right or speak to him at the new groups table at the monthly meeting.
Groups seeking new members
As at the 27 March 2019
- Active Gardeners: Second Wednesday at 9.30am or third Thursday at 2pm
- Italian Conversation Advanced: Monday am
- Art Group: Second Monday 10am
- Backgammon: Fortnightly Thursday 10am
- Ballroom Dancing: Friday 2pm (must have a partner)
- Choir: Fridays in term time 10.45am-noon. Free trial sessions on Fridays 10.45am
- Computer Self Help (run in conjunction with Hertford U3A): Third Thursday 5pm
- Cribbage 2: Fourth Thursday at 1.30pm
- Cycling: Wednesday 9.45am (three groups)
- Dance Class: Wednesday 11am
- Food Appreciation: Monthly
- Flower Arranging: Third Thursday 2pm (has a couple of spaces)
- French Literature: First Wednesday 5.30pm
- French Intermediate: Tuesday 2pm-4pm
- Tai Chi: Tuesday 1pm