Group Leader Guidance
Please check this page regularly for updates, useful documents, support and advice.
Group leaders were all invited to take up using Beacon.
In order to get set up please contact John Hammond by email stating what group(s) you are the group leader for. Once John has set you up he will let you know your username and temporary password via email along with training notes and who to contact for support.
Once you start using Beacon to manage your members information we would suggest that you let your members know that you will be sending your group emails through Beacon using their membership contact email address.
Waiting Lists for Groups
If your group is full and you are approached by new members to join you please take their names and contact details and pass them to Groups Team, who is holding waiting lists for all groups.
Group Leader documents
- Fill in the Risk Assessment form returning it to the Groups Coordinator
- Fill the Accident Report form in should an accident occur in your group and return it to the Group Coordinator
- Suggest physical activity group leaders get members to fill in the Health Questionnaire
- New Groups General Guidance to help you when starting up a new group
- Photograph consent form and Guidance Notes - Photographs to help you when submitting photographs for publishing on the website
- Fill in the Expenses form should Committee members or Group Leaders need to claim back their expenses
- Example of expenditure spreadsheet to help Group Leaders record their overheads
Data Protection Act 2018
In order to comply with the regulations please ensure that you delete all your information on members who are no longer in your group.
For useful Ware U3A information read frequently asked questions
Ware U3A policy documents
To read the policy documents visit the Welcome web page. You will find them under the Links section.
East Herts Cluster Group of U3As
Group Sharing Agreement
Read the Group Sharing Agreement of Interest groups within the U3As Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Hertford, Ware and Waltham Abbey
News for the rolling screen can include the latest group information, especially if the Link deadline was missed; new groups starting; groups needing new members; any help required; next month's speaker and any photos of group activities, group visits or excursion, which should be accompanied by a descriptive caption.
If you would like an item added to the presentation can you please email Doreen Howe by the end of the first week of the month.
Ware U3A equipment
A laptop and projector is available for use by the groups.
Normal users of the Ware U3A projector
|Group||Regular day required|
|Science and Technology||First Tuesday|
|Art Appreciation 1||First Thursday|
|Monthly meeting||Second Wednesday|
|Art Appreciation 2||Second Thursday|
|Digital Photography||Third Friday|
If you would like to use the equipment please contact Jan Wing.
Group meeting venues
|Allenburys Sports and Social Club Cricket Field||Harris Lane, Priory Street, Ware SG12|
|Burnt Oak Snooker Club||Edinburgh Way, Harlow CM20 2DQ|
|Christ Church Hall||New Road, Ware SG12 7BS|
|Herts Regional College||London Road, Ware SG12 9JF|
|Leaside Church and Community Centre||High Street SG12 9BT|
|Place House Hall||Bluecoat Yard, Ware SG12 9HL|
|Scout Hut||Broadmeads, Ware SG12 9HY|
|Standon and Puckeridge Community Centre||Station Road, Puckeridge SG11 1TF|
|Southern Maltings||Kibes Lane, Ware SG12 7BS|
|Ware Museum||The Priory, 89 High Street, Ware SG12 9AL|
|Wodson Park and Leisure Centre||Wadesmill Road, Ware SG12 0UQ|
If you would like more information about any of the venues that Ware U3A use contact Geoffrey Morrison who may be able to advise you.
Please note that the Website Administrator will be deleting accounts if not accessed for over six months
If you are interested in attending a content editing workshop please email the Website Administrator. You will learn about:
- Signing in and out of Site Builder: if you want to edit your groups' information
- Menu options: to see ways of moving around the site
- Adding and saving content: so you can amend and add new information
- Adding and amending events: so that you can keep your irregular events up to date and fresh
- Adding and amending emails: so that you can keep your contact information up to date
- Adding and deleting documents / photographs in order that the latest information is published correctly
It would be good if you could bring along your laptop to the workshop and be willing to sign in into the venue's Wi-Fi.
If you would like any content amending / adding or have any suggestions on how the website can be improved email the Website Administrator who will aim to respond within five working days.