Publication of Link
In future, the Link newsletter will be published bi-monthly on even months of the year: April, June, August (when all hard copies will be posted out), October, December and February.
General Data Protection Regulations
In order to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations which are coming into law in May this year, we need all U3A members to fill in a consent form so that we can handle your personal information relating to your membership of Ware U3A.
Please visit the Join Us page where you will be able to download the form and find out more information
U3A Summer schools
Booking for Summer Schools in July and September is now open. There are about twenty topics on offer. See below for a list of a few:
- Creative Writing
- Cryptic Crosswords
- Garden History
For more information visit U3A Summer Schools
Committee Volunteers needed
If you can help please contact Pauline Petty.
- Chair in waiting (to take over in April 2019) no special skills are required apart from being organised to a slight extent
- Group meeting coordinator to update the group posters and display them at the monthly meetings
- New groups coordinator to put out sign up sheets at meetings and initially support new groups starting up
- Secretary to deal with notifications from the national U3A
- Minutes secretary to take Minutes at Committee meetings and AGM
- Speaker secretary to book the speakers for the monthly meetings and deal with them on the day
Read the Committee Vacancy Roles document to see what is involved
Ware U3A 10th birthday celebrations
The dates have been set for our 10th birthday celebrations in September 2018. On the afternoon of Sunday 23 September from 2pm-5pm, we will be entertained by the singer Kate Garner and enjoy Play Your Cards Right with quizmaster Mike Coppins, whist enjoying Afternoon Tea. On Friday evening 28 September, we will hold a 60's Disco from 7.30pm-midnight with a licensed bar. Both events being held at Wodson Park. Choose which one event you would like to attend, tickets £3, members only and are on sale at the monthly meetings or contact Kay Hernaman via email so that she can let you know where to send the cheque.
As part of the celebrations Ware U3A is sponsoring the flower bed just inside the main gates to the Priory Gardens. If you have any ideas for the design or you'd like to help with the planting towards the end of May, please get in touch with Jan Wing. Keep a look out for more details on this page nearer the time.
If you would like any content amending / adding or have any suggestions on how the website can be improved email the Website Administrator who will aim to respond within five working days.