The Two Moors Network comprises of 6 local u3as within the South West u3a Region which have chosen to work together for support and the mutual benefit of the members of the u3as concerned, these are Launceston from Cornwall, East Dartmoor, Moors Edge, Okehampton, Tavy and West Dartmoor all from Devon.
WHAT THE NETWORK MAY DO
This depends on what the member u3as forming the Network want and can offer but it may include:
- Developing and sharing lists of potential speakers.
- Organising network study/interest days for members of the network’s u3as (and sometimes neighbouring u3as).
- Organising training/information events for u3a committee members, potential committee members, group leaders/convenors etc.
- Organising shared learning projects.
- Establishing links with outside organisations, such as universities, and participating in local initiatives.
- Providing a regular forum for member u3as to meet together to share information, disseminate good practice and discuss issues of concern..
- Sharing resources and setting up reciprocal interest group arrangements between members of the network.
- Producing a newsletter.
- Arranging inter-u3a competitions.
- Increasing awareness of u3a in the community.
HOW THE NETWORK IS ORGANISED
The u3as take it in turns to organise meetings and provide the Chairman and Secretary to produce Meeting Minutes. Meetings are held every 4 months, normally at 10:30, in either of the following venues:
- Clearbrook Village Hall, Clearbrook, Yelverton PL20 6JD Tel: 01822 854411
- Ockment Community Centre, North Street, Okehampton, Devon EX20 1AR Tel: 01837 53276
- Woolwell Centre, Darklake Lane, Woolwell, Plymouth PL6 7TR Tel: 01752 695888