Welcome to Totton South U3A
Totton South U3A (University of the Third Age) was formed in 2008. We are one of over 1,050 local U3A groups nationwide - a total of over 444,000 members.
- Don't be put off by the name ‘University’. The U3A gathers together those interested in enjoyable lifelong learning. There are no exams or qualifications!
- People in their ‘Third Age’ are enjoying their time after the ‘Second Age’ (full-time employment and/or parental responsibility), and the ‘First Age’ (childhood).
Our aim is the Advancement of Education of those retired from full time work - including associated activities conducive to learning & personal development.
- Recent research shows that being a regular member of a social group after retirement can help you to live longer and to feel better.
- At Totton South U3A, we enjoy excellent company and fellowship – it’s a good reason for getting out, meeting people and exercising our brains!
Our U3A has around 30 different groups that meet to pursue common interests - from outdoor pursuits to indoor activities. See GROUPS (above) for a full list.
- Many activities are organised in small groups that meet in members’ homes. By sharing our knowledge, skills & experience, we all learn from each other.
- On the third Friday of each month at 2.30pm, we have a meeting with a guest speaker - usually at Colbury Memorial Hall, Ashurst, Southampton SO40 7EL.
- Our social programme has Outings, Theatre & Cinema Trips, Quizzes, Lunches, Cream Teas, Group Holidays and more. For details, see DIARY & WHATS ON pages.
Annual membership is £15 (plus a one-off £5 joining fee). Non-members may attend two monthly meetings at no charge, to help decide if they'd like to join us.
- Our national organisation, 'Third Age Trust', provides support to all U3As and publishes the ‘Third Age Matters’ magazine - mailed out to all U3A members.
- If you would like more information, please use the CONTACT tab (above) to send a message to us.