Welcome to Totton South u3a
Totton South u3a (University of the Third Age) was formed in 2008. We are one of 1,057 local u3a groups nationwide - a total of over 450,000 members.
- Don't be put off by the name ‘University’ - there are no exams or qualifications! The u3a gathers together those interested in enjoyable lifelong learning.
- People in their ‘Third Age’ are enjoying their time after the ‘Second Age’ (full-time employment and/or parental responsibility), and the ‘First Age’ (childhood).
Our aim is the Advancement of Education of Older People and those Retired from Full-Time Work - including associated activities conducive to learning & personal development.
- Recent research shows that being a regular member of a social group after retirement can help you to live longer and to feel better.
- At Totton South u3a, we enjoy excellent company and fellowship – it’s a good reason for getting out, meeting people and exercising our brains!
Our u3a has around 30 different groups that meet to pursue common interests - from outdoor pursuits to indoor activities. See GROUPS (above) for a full list.
- Many activities are organised in small groups that meet in members’ homes. By sharing our knowledge, skills & experience, we all learn from each other.
- On the third Friday each month (Starts 2pm, arrival from 1.30pm), we have a meeting with guest speaker at Colbury Memorial Hall, Ashurst, Southampton SO40 7EL.
- Our social programme has Outings, Theatre & Cinema Trips, Quizzes, Lunches, Cream Teas, Holidays and more. For details, see EVENTS and HOME (above).
Annual membership will be £15 for the year 2022-2023. Non-members may attend two monthly meetings at no charge, to help decide if they'd like to join us.
- Our national organisation, 'Third Age Trust', provides support to all u3as and publishes the ‘Third Age Matters’ magazine - mailed out to all u3a members.
- If you would like more information about Totton South u3a, please use the CONTACT tab (above) to send a message to us.