U3A HOLIDAY TO OKEHAMPTON - in November 2019
- A very successful holiday - report to follow.
U3A HOLIDAY TO LYME REGIS - in September 2019
- Twenty-three members travelled to Lyme Regis for our U3A Group Holiday. Highlights of the week included Seaton and its splendid trams, Killerton House, the lovely Lyme Regis Seafront and Gardens (lit up at night), a strenuous walk along the Beer cliffs and a delightful stroll along the Budleigh Salterton river to lunch at Otterton Mill.
- Another great week at this spacious former hotel. Teams planned & served their choice of evening meal, while breakfasts & packed lunches were 'Do-It-Yourself'. Always a rush after each evening meal for board games, jigsaws, quizzes and our own bar. Thanks to all who came for their great humour and many contributions to its success.
LUNCHTIME PICNIC IN THE NEW FOREST - in September 2019
- Instead of the normal choice of a pub or restaurant, the U3A Lunch in September, 2019 was a Picnic in the New Forest. Eleven members enjoyed lunch at Anderwood near Burley - and the weather was kind to us! Thanks to Marie, Merrilyn & John for organising it.
- Our Charity of the Year 2019-2020 is the Macular Society who are the leading charity fighting to end sight loss caused by macular disease. This charity was proposed by Jane and was selected at our 2019 AGM to benefit from our charity fundraising in the current year.
- Our Charity of the Year 2018-2019 was CLIC Sargent. (CLIC stands for “Cancer & Leukaemia In Children”). This charity, proposed by Pat, was selected at our 2018 AGM to benefit from our charity fundraising. Liz from the charity came to our 2019 AGM and explained how our cheque would be put to good use.
U3A HOLIDAY TO CROATIA - in April 2019
- A Totton South group travelled to Croatia for our U3A Group Holiday in April 2019. The trip was organised by Clive and Sheila. At a subsequent Totton South U3A monthly meeting, Clive gave a presentation to us, including several photographs taken on the holiday.
TOTTON SOUTH SKILLS DAY - in March 2018
- Our sixth Skills Day was all planned, including new workshops such as Cartoon Drawing, Cryptic Crossword Solving, Map Reading, and Wild Bird Identification. Unfortunately, Totton was visited by the "Beast from the East", bringing several inches of very slippery snow, so we had to postpone the event for two weeks. Grateful thanks to all the workshop leaders, cake makers and other helpers who made this yet another Skills Day to remember.