1. In which month of 1914 did WW1 begin? July
2. Which new weapon was introduced in battle in 1916? British Mark 1 Tank
3. What was the nationality of Mata Hari who was shot as a spy? Dutch
4. Why were British soldiers called Tommies in WW1 ( short for Tommy Atkins) ? Various thought but it is thought that throughout history many soldiers could not spell their name and Tommy Atkins was used as a generic name.
5. Which new British Military force was established in 1918 ? Royal Air Force
6. Which fruit was no longer imported after 1940 ? Bananas
7. Who commanded the Alied Forces that invaded Europe on D Day? Dwight Eisenhower
8. Which scantily clad female had a daily strip in the Daily Mirror? Jane
9. In which French City did Germany surrender in WW2 ? Reims
10. What was 'Snoek'? A Fish. - pike
It Happened in February
1. In 1709 which sailor, who provided inspiration for Robinson Crusoe, was rescued after 4 years as a castaway?
2. What was the nickname of the President of Haiti, Jean-Claude Duvalier, who fled the country in 1986?
3. Nelson Mandela was released in 1990 after how many years?
a. 27. b. 32. Or c. 37
4. Chile declared Independence from which country in 1818?
5. In February 1985, which soap was first broadcast?
6. Born in February 1960, which of the Queens children were born?
7. Holly Johnson, born in 1960, was the frontman for which group?
8. What is the birthstone for February?
9. How many leap years have there been this century?
10. Where does the name February come from?