Beacon is an on-line system for managing U3A Membership and Groups. It is used by over a hundred U3As around the UK and we have now started using it in u3a Thornbury.
Using Beacon gives us the opportunity for members to keep their own address information up-to-date and to renew their membership on-line using a credit or debit card. However, for those who don't have internet access or don't want to pay on-line, the existing methods can still be used.
For All Thornbury U3A Members
You can amend your own personal details such as address, telephone number, email etc. without involving anyone else. You will need your Membership Number which you will find on your membership card. Click here to access the Beacon Members Portal.
The login is case sensitive, so you need to start your forename and surname with a capital letter - and use the spelling of your forename as printed on your membership card. Also type the postcode in upper case with the space in the middle.
If you do not know your membership number or are having problems, click Contact u3a Thornbury for help.
For Group Leaders
We have put most of the group membership details on Beacon. If you are a Group Leader you can be given a username and password so you can log in. This is different from the above access and will allow you to do the following:
- see who are members of the group
- limit the numbers in the group and enable a waiting list
- see if group members have paid their subs.
- have access to group member's telephone number, home address, and email and you don’t have to be informed if any of these details are changed
- send emails to selected group members or to all the group
- see which group members are not on email
- if there is more than one Group Leader, you all access the same list of group members
- if the Group Leader changes, the list of group members is immediately available to the new Leader
Group Leaders not using Beacon are encouraged to contact Barbara Jones or Don Grundell (you can click Contact u3a Thornbury to email us) and we will set up your login.