This page contains links to notices from the Network of U3As:
some may be events which they are running;
others may be general notices of changes;
some are notices about resources available to members;
and some may be speeches or reports from the National or Regional councils.
What is the Herts Network of U3As?
Herts Network of U3As
The Herts Network is a support network between the member U3As in Hertfordshire.
1. A regular forum where member U3As can meet and discuss issues of mutual concern
2. 'Outward-facing’ Study Days on agreed topics of interest
3. 'Inward-facing’ Study Days on the management of U3As
4. Support with legal, financial and organisational queries relating to U3As
5. Sharing relevant information about opportunities for U3A participation (eg access to university lectures)
6. Organising social events such as walks, quizzes and bridge competitions
7. Assisting where appropriate in the establishment of new U3As.
The Network meets three times a year, updating members on its activities and – most importantly – providing a forum for individual U3As to discuss their successes and challenges. These meetings currently take place at Woolmer Green Village Hall, Knebworth, but alternative venues will be considered, subject to the wishes of the membership.
The Herts Network is a member of the Third Age Trust.
For more information click on the following link: Herts Network web site