Retiring With Attitude
Retiring with Attitude! Learning to be Retired
- an online-group course for those struggling to adjust to retirement [or indeed to life online]
If you haven’t taken to retirement and/or lockdown like a ‘duck to water’, this is the course for you.
It runs over six weekly sessions and it can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own armchair …
Julia South (from U3A Sheffield) and Carol Ellis (from U3A Bromley) have developed the course
after their own struggles with the transition from working life to this next stage in life.
The course doesn’t try to tell us what our retirement should look like – only we can decide that.
Nor does it cover financial matters.
But, the course does prompt us to think deeply about what we want from our retirement;
• examining what’s important to us;
• looking at what beliefs might be holding us back;
• deciding which skills we’d like to carry forward into our retirement and, of course
• exploring all the many opportunities open to us, even during the pandemic!
It’s an online course, where we’ll meet as a small group, maybe 6-8 members, via Zoom.
If you need some practice with using Zoom, you can practise with Carol Minter,
on Sunday afternoons at 3pm.
Each course session will last 90 minutes, and will consist of a pre-recorded video,
in which Julia South and Carol Ellis will lead us through the course.
The video will be interspersed with individual exercises, followed by group discussions.
If you’re interested in joining on this journey to an enjoyable and rewarding retirement,
contact me, please?