WHAT IS BEACON?
Beacon is the on-line database management system used by Teignmouth & District u3a to manage its Membership, Groups and Financial records. We are one of over 300 u3as that use the same system.
It ensures we are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and enables us to:
• hold members' details securely and safely without the risks associated with holding such data on personal computers or laptops.
• keep in touch with Group members and the wider u3a membership by secure email.
• maintain up to date information for all Group activities, meetings and social events, which can be viewed by members.
AS A MEMBER WHAT CAN I DO ON BEACON?
> Check your personal records to ensure the information is accurate and up to date.
> Change your Name, Address and contact details
> Join, leave or view details for all Groups we run, and contact Group Leaders for more information. You can 'hide' your contact details if you wish. Group Leaders will still be able to email you but will not be able to see your address or telephone number/s. This will apply to every group of which you are a member.
HOW DO I ACCESS BEACON AS A MEMBER?
Click MEMBERS PORTAL . This will bring up a sign in screen. You will need the following information:
• Membership Number - found on your membership card
• Forename and Surname (as entered on your application form)
• Post code
• Email address
SYSTEM USER ACCESS TO BEACON
Group Leaders and Committee members are System Users, and are assigned 'access rights' which enables them to view and update the information held on the Beacon database. They LOG IN AS A SYSTEM USER .