Enquiring Minds 2
MEETING Temple Methodist Church, Upper High Street, Taunton TA1 3PY every Thursday at from 10 to 12 noon.
CONVENOR For further information, please contact Tony Slavin on 01823 283681 or Ann Taylor on 01823 279578
Enquiring Minds 2 meetings have been suspended until further notice
- Are you often afraid to ask a question because it might be the wrong one to ask?
- Do you often think of a good question and then find that it has gone?
- How good are you at listening to other people's ideas?
- Do you think that other people always have better thoughts than you?
- What do you think about? Can you think of more than one idea at a time?
- Do you find it difficult to articulate your ideas to other people?
If the answer to most of these question is yes (or even no) then this group - where there are no 'right answers' just good questions - provides an opportunity for you to explore your thoughts and ideas, and to meet like-minded people! There is usually a two to one mix of female/male participants. A range of handouts are given out prior to each weeks' sessions to stimulate ideas and to make notes about.
A Community of Enquirers
We start by posing an interesting question, then ask people to ask a question about the question or make a statement about it. After we have collected all the questions or statements we then vote on the one question we would like to discuss. From this there is then an interesting and open enquiry about the chosen question and during the debate, we become a Community of Enquirers.