Gin Appreciation, Juniper Group
|Day||Once a Month (varying days)|
Group Leader Diane Scott
U3A SUTTON BRIDGE GIN APPRECIATION GROUP or JUNIPER GROUP
The group now has a name: the Juniper Group
The Gin appreciation group has got off to a flying start.
Following an initial planning meeting to accommodate, as best we can, the wishes of the ten members of the group, it was decided:
- - to meet monthly at a day and date to suit the majority.
- - to meet at members’ homes in rotation for a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere and no hall hire fees to pay. (this is why we have limited membership to ten).
- - the host to choose the gin of the month and provide members with tasting notes if possible.
- - each member of the group to be offered two 25ml (single measure) of the gin. The first to be accompanied by the “house” tonic, chosen to be Schweppes tonic, slimline or normal. The quantity of tonic to be decided by each member.
- - the second measure of gin to be accompanied by a “guest” gin chosen by the host.
- - costings on the above to be decided by the host to an agreed formula.
- - host will provide ice, lemon, lime and a few snacks to accompany the gin.
- - following a discussion, members will rate the gin on the basis of 1 (low) to 10 (high).
The group’s members will keep an eye out for ideas of gin distillery visits in the future.
We have had two gin tasting meetings so far (July) and the format is working well. We all are open to discussion at any time to review and move forward.
At the moment the group is full but I will publish on the website and general meetings any vacancies which arise if circumstances mean a member has to leave us.
If you like the idea of a gin group and cannot wait - why not start your own? Happy to help!
Further details from the Groups’s Leader Diane