|Contact||Mike Nunn, Lesley Bassett or Lesley Ford|
Group Leaders Mike Nunn, Lesley Bassett, Lesley Ford
If we say so ourselves, we have a great Bird Watching group!
Our members are a good mix of ages and backgrounds, with a range of knowledge levels. Complete novices are as welcome as life-long birders, but most of us are somewhere in between. We all help each other with our ID skills, and nobody feels left out.
We have a calendar of outings and events spanning all four seasons, as there’s always something to see and do in this stunning part of the country. We certainly make the most of the North Norfolk reserves, and those on the other side of The Wash, but this year we travelled further afield too, and enjoyed trips to Bempton Cliffs in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Minsmere in Suffolk – but not on the same day!
Plans for 2020 include:
- Raptors at dusk at RSPB Frampton Marsh
- Winter bird tour of Vine House Farm
- 'Swans Awake' at WWT Welney
- Birdwatching walk at Rutland Water
- Pink footed goose spectacular at RSPB Snettisham
- Nightjars at Dersingham Bog
- The Hawk & Owl Trust’s Sculthorpe Moor near Fakenham
- RSPB Donna Nook on the north Lincolnshire coast
- Open day at Fens Falconry, Wisbech St Mary
PLUS we're planning a 3 day trip to the Farne Islands in June!