Group Leader Lesley Bassett
If we say so ourselves, we have a great Bird Watching group!
Our members are a good mix of ages and backgrounds, with a range of knowledge levels. Complete novices are as welcome as life-long birders, but most of us are somewhere in between. We all help each other with our ID skills, and nobody feels left out.
We have, or should I say HAD, a calendar of outings and events spanning all four seasons, as there’s always something to see and do in this stunning part of the country. Up until recently, we certainly made the most of the North Norfolk reserves, and those on the other side of The Wash, but last year we travelled further afield too, and enjoyed trips to Bempton Cliffs in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Minsmere in Suffolk – but not on the same day!
Plans for 2020 included, but it remains to be seen if we can actually do any of them:
- Raptors at dusk at RSPB Frampton Marsh
- Winter bird tour of Vine House Farm
- 'Swans Awake' at WWT Welney
- Birdwatching walk at Rutland Water
- Pink footed goose spectacular at RSPB Snettisham
- Nightjars at Dersingham Bog
- The Hawk & Owl Trust’s Sculthorpe Moor near Fakenham
- RSPB Donna Nook on the north Lincolnshire coast
- Open day at Fens Falconry, Wisbech St Mary
PLUS we were planning a 3 day trip to the Farne Islands in June! That has now been cancelled, to the huge disappointment of those planning to go. Maybe next year.
If you’d like to join us, at a distance for now, but as part of our group again in the future, please contact Group Leader Lesley Bassett