u3a Day 2/6
In Volunteer Week, Wednesday 2nd June has been selected by the Third Age Trust (aka TAT) as u3a Day. They are urging u3as across the country to have a day of promotion for our organisation with a variety of local activities. Unfortunately, with the prospect of current social restrictions trailing on through the year, plus the reluctance of many older u3a members for any outdoor social interaction, this has led to many u3as being very uncertain of planning any normal activities. There are branded products being sourced by TAT via their website
Promotion is likely to be via the various media and online this year.
Suggestions for promotional activities:
Remember to use our colours - royal blue and yellow - where possible
- adverts and articles in local free magazines
- coloured quarter page adverts in more glossy magazines
- a short talk to your local radio
- door to door leaflets delivered by members
- colourful posters in communal areas
- knitted or crocheted covers fro street furniture ( council permission?)
- have a spaced litter pick of a communal area and inform press & social media with pics
- get permission to use a local park or gardens for a spaced picnic (all bring own food/ drink & chair,etc.
- have a promotional stall n town centre within current rules.