The 39 U3As listed below are members of the Sussex U3A Network. Click on their names to visit their websites. To contact other u3a websites, go to u3asites.org.uk
Representatives Meetings are held on Fridays at the Adastra Hall, Hassocks BN6 8QH.
29th November (lunch usually provided) 10.30am - 2pm with 2hr workshop. We will endeavour to finish as early as possible for those travelling long distances.
2020 Dates: AGM 27th March, 26th June, 18th September, 18th December
SEC/Committee Meetings in Adastra Hall committee room on Mondays (10.15 - 12pm)
2020 Dates: 3rd February, 18th May, 17th August, 16th November
We would welcome more members on our committee (SEC) with no obligation to take a secretary role. Members of any of our U3As are welcome to attend a SEC/committee meeting. Please notify the secretary or any other committee member beforehand.
NOTICES TO OUR MEMBERS
- Trouble shooters! The two Sussex reps on the newly formed SE Region Support Group,are helping the SE trustee by assisting local U3As with any problems, as well as setting up new U3As, when required. U3As are welcome to contact Sue Howard in Brighton and Mike Hewens in Crowborough.
- A TAT Health Check sheet is now available to assist U3A committees in evaluating the efficiency of their own local organisation. It is an informal document.
- The New U3A Logo with brand use notes can be easily downloaded from the TAT website front page (the link is in the bottom list, beside the sign in section.)
- The annual Speakers List is available from firstname.lastname@example.org Please advise us of any changes.
- The Study Days Programme 2019/20 cards (three for printing) or a single card can be downloaded when the new programme is available, usually around July. The programme starts in September. The bookable days will be listed on the Events page with their downloadable information/booking sheet.
- Our South East regional representative is Bob Duckmanton. You can email him via this link.
- An explanation text for TAT, SUN & SEF
- The Beacon Administration System. Support for users is support@u3aBeacon.org.uk. You can google a demonstration and there will be SUN workshops on how the system functions.
- Grants to assist U3As:
a) the SUN Event Funding Grant to encourage activities/meetings between our member U3As, will cover the venue costs only. Two or more U3As must be involved. Click for form.
b) The TAT £200 Grant for local U3A Open Days and promotional events. Requests can be any amount up to £200. Download and send the form onto the SE regional trustee, currently Bob Duckmanton, who authorises them for national office. Requests can be any amount up to £200. Click for form. Request the funding in advance of the event and all receipts/ paid invoices have to be forwarded later to Bob.
- SUN Expenses form. This can only be used with a SEC member's agreement and signature before submitting it.
- The Barbara Lewis U3A Fund provides financial help to new U3As. Donations welcome.
are arranged for members of Sussex U3As with like interests eg. treasurers, newsletter editors, web managers or leaders of special interest groups, to help each other by sharing their experiences. They are led by members for members and the maximum attendance number is 20. If there is a high demand for a particular workshop, it may be repeated at a later date.
NB The workshop co-ordinator will request the co-operation of the local U3A at a local workshop venue, to assist with providing refreshments, even possibly registering attendees and welcoming the guest speaker/organiser if necessary, should the co-ordinator be delayed or travelling a long distance.This will ensure a pleasant event for all the participants.
National Office (TAT) offers a variety of free workshops to assist U3As. Local U3As are invited to attend. See list on the TAT website. U3As can apply to organise one of these if they include at least 4 other U3As and more than 25 attendees - up to 60 max. Costs are covered by national office including the facilitator, venue hire, lunch and refreshments.(Approx. £8 pp organised by host U3A). No money handling, as all invoices go directly to TAT and Eventbrite handle the registrations. For details download the National Request Workshops PDF.
Current TAT Workshops that can be requested:
|Keeping It Legal|
|Running Your U3A|
|Interest Groups Matters|
|Volunteers & Volunteering|