The 39 U3As listed below are members of the Sussex U3A Network. Click on their names to visit their websites. To contact other u3a websites, go to u3asites.org.uk
Representatives Meetings are held on Fridays at the Adastra Hall, Hassocks BN6 8QH.
20th September 10.30am -1pm, 29th November (lunch usually provided) 10.30am - 2pm. We will endeavour to finish as early as possible for those travelling long distances.
SEC/Committee Meetings in Adastra Hall committee room on Mondays (10.15 - 12pm)
19th August, 18th November.
We would welcome more trustees on our committee (SEC) with no obligation to take a secretary role.
NOTICES TO MEMBERS
- The annual Speakers List is available from firstname.lastname@example.org Please advise us of any changes.
- The Study Days Programme 2019/20 card can be downloaded when the new programme is available, usually around July. The programme starts in September. The bookable days will be listed on the Events page with their downloadable information/booking sheet.
- Our South East regional representative is Bob Duckmanton.
- The Barbara Lewis U3A Fund provides financial help to new U3As. Donations welcome.
- The Beacon Administration System. Support for users is support@u3aBeacon.org.uk. You can google a demonstration and there will be SUN workshops on the system in September 2018.
are arranged for members of Sussex U3As with like interests eg. treasurers, newsletter editors, web managers or leaders of special interest groups, to help each other by sharing their experiences. They are led by members for members and the maximum attendance number is 20.
If there is a high demand for a particular workshop, it may be repeated at a later date.
NB The workshop co-ordinator will request the co-operation of the local U3A at a local workshop venue, to assist with providing refreshments, even possibly registering attendees and welcoming the guest speaker/organiser if necessary, should the co-ordinator be delayed or travelling a long distance.This will ensure a pleasant event for all the participants.
National Office (TAT) offers a variety of free workshops to assist U3As. Local U3As are invited to attend. See list on the TAT website. U3As can apply to organise one of these if they include at least 4 other U3As and more than 25 attendees - up to 60 max. Costs are covered by national office including the facilitator, venue hire, lunch and refreshments.(Approx. £8 pp organised by host U3A). No money handling, as all invoices go directly to TAT and Eventbrite handle the registrations. For details download the National Request Workshops PDF.
Current TAT Workshops that can be requested:
|Keeping It Legal|
|Running Your U3A|
|Interest Groups Matters|
|Volunteers & Volunteering|