The 40 U3As listed below are members of the Sussex U3A Network. Click on their names to visit their websites. To contact other u3a websites, go to u3asites.org.uk
We would welcome more members on our committee (SEC) with no obligation to take a specific role. Members of any of our U3As are welcome to attend a SEC/committee meeting. Please email SUN or notify the Secretary/another committee member beforehand. See also our current Constitution.
NOTICES TO OUR MEMBERS
- TAT (Third Age Trust) has free online tutorials for Zoom available to members: Hosting Group Meetings, Running large meetings and virtual AGMs, Trustee induction – dates due.
- Our South East regional representative is Susie Berry, from Thames Valley. You can email her via the link.
- Online tutorials for U3A members now include one for New Committee Members. Follow the links on the national website as shown in the Zoom tutorials, below.
- Zoom tutorials are available to u3a members from the national TAT website (front page at bottom, under Covid Links), click video conferencing, online tutorials) for the various dates to book 1 hour Zoom and other tutorials.
- Trouble shooters! The Sussex rep on the newly formed SE Region Support Group, are helping the SE trustee by assisting local U3As with any problems, as well as setting up new U3As, when required. U3As are welcome to contact Sue Howard for West Sussex.
- PR Advice
- A TAT Health Check sheet is available to assist U3A committees in evaluating the efficiency of their own local organisation. It is an informal document.
- The New U3A Logo with brand use notes can be easily downloaded from the TAT website front page (the link is in the bottom list, beside the sign in section.)
- An explanation text for TAT, SUN & SEF
- The Beacon Administration System. Support for users is support@u3aBeacon.org.uk. You can google a demonstration and there will be SUN workshops on how the system functions.
- Grants to assist U3As:
a) the SUN Event Funding Grant to encourage activities/meetings between our member U3As, will cover venue costs. Two or more U3As must be involved. Click for form. This scheme is under review - please contact the Webmaster for update before applying.
b) TAT Grants details and rules. There are TAT grants available via national office or the SE trustee. NB. U3As can only apply for one grant within a two year period.
- The TAT £200 Grant form for local U3A Open Days/a promotional event up to £200.
All grants available are listed on the TAT grants policy. Download and email the completed forms to the SE regional trustee, currently Susie Berry, who authorises them for national office. Click on the coloured text for a form. Request the funding in advance of the event; all receipts/ paid invoices to be forwarded later to Susie.
- The Barbara Lewis U3A Fund provides financial help to new U3As. Click on link for info. Donations welcome.