The group meets in Stockport Sunday School.
on the 1st Tuesday of the month, 10 am - 12 noon.
During the summer the group visits places of historical interest
and members must pre-book for these visits. Additional information will be available before each outing.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Tue Feb 4th||Stockport Market |
|Tue Mar 3rd||STOCKPORT LANDMARKS|
1.Textile mills 1732 onwards Barbara Marriott 30 mins
2. Hatting Industry Battersby’s 1895 Judith Higgins 30 mins
3. St. Mary’s Parish Church 1190 Christine Moore 10 mins
4. The Plaza Judith Sumner 15mins
|Tue Oct 6th||STOCKPORT LANDMARKS|
1. Wellington Road (By pass) 1824 Ruth Faulkner 30 mins
2. Underbank Hall , Arden Town House Joyce Embrey ? time
3. Stockport Viaduct 1840 Chris Moore 20 mins
4. Town Hall 1908 Kay Jones ? time
|Mon Nov 2nd||Plantagenet Women: Speaker Ruth Faulkner:|
|Mon Dec 7th||Christmas Party with Family History|
|Mon Jan 4th 2021||Leigh’s of Lyme: Vivian Bath|
|Mon Feb 1st 2021||St. Thomas’ Hospital - The Workhouse: Speaker Isabella Collinson |
Joseph Lister: Speaker Janet Ayres
|Mon Mar 1st 2021||Joan Davis TBC|
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.