Policies, Procedures & Forms
A range of policies, procedures, guidance and forms are in place to assist with the smooth running and management of Stanway u3a, and to ensure we comply with various rules and regulations including those required by the Charity Commission, HMRC and the General Data Protection Regulation.
You are encouraged to read these documents, some may require the members password to access (password is in your latest membership renewal letter).
Group Leader procedures and Forms
- Group Leaders Handbook May 2021
- Outdoor Activity Risk Assessment - Word
- Outdoor Activity Risk Assessment - pdf
- Incident Report Form
- General Physical Activity Disclaimer - for participating Colchester u3a members
Insurance - U3A Insurance cover note 2021
All u3a group activities have Public Liability insurance cover through the Third Age Trust - this is to protect participating members against claims for damage to third-party property and for third-party injury or death which might have been occasioned during a u3a activity. This is not a personal accident or personal liability insurance and participants in all u3a activities are responsible for their own health and safety, and the safe keeping of their equipment, clothing and belongings.
Participants in physical activities should follow the advice/instructions of the Group Leader in order to minimise any risk to themselves and other members. Appropriate clothing must be worn, especially, in the interests of safety, appropriate footwear. This should be checked with the Group Leader.
General Policies and Procedures
- IT and Data Security Policy 2019
- LegitimateInterestAssessment-Next of Kin
- Safeguarding Policy 2019- members only
- Safeguarding Policy 2019- public edition
- Complaints and Grievances procedure
- Protecting member email addresses - using Cc and Bcc in emails
Management of Stanway u3a