General - Wine Appreciation (SWAG)
Despite not being able to meet (due to Coronavirus lockdown), SWAG held their first Zoom online meeting on Friday April 3rd . Each of the 14 people selected a wine to drink and let the rest of us know why they chose it, the country, grape etc. A great way to enjoy a glass of wine with friends. Cheers to that!
If you are interested in wine, then you might like to join this group. SWAG (Stanway Wine Appreciation Group) meets in the evening on the 1st Friday every other month.
At each meeting any of the following could happen:-
- tasting a particular grape variety from different countries
- tasting wines from a particular country - there are plenty to choose from, well over 90 and counting
- Old World versus New World - tasting and comparing wines made from the same grapes but from different parts of the world
- My Taste Is - hearing from a member about what their taste in wine is, and of course tasting their choices
- red versus white wine
- seasonal wines - what works well in each season
- matching food with wine - this might include a meal and/or a local tutored tasting
- visiting local vineyards and wine merchants for tastings and seeing how wines are produced
How do the sessions work?
Each session will include a number of tastings (25ml of each wine) and simple snacks such as water biscuits. Water will also be provided.
Costs for a tasting session should be no more than £10 per session but for meals/visits and tutored tastings this will be more.
If you are interested in this group please use the Bluebird contact button at the side of the page to send a message to the Group Leader.