Wine Appreciation (SWAG)
If you are interested in wine, then you might like to join this new group. SWAG (Stanway Wine Appreciation Group) will meet every other month initially - dates, times and venues to be confirmed.
At each meeting any of the following could happen:-
- tasting a particular grape variety from different countries
- tasting wines from a particular country - there are plenty to choose from, well over 90 and counting
- Old World versus New World - tasting and comparing wines made from the same grapes but from different parts of the world
- My Taste Is - hearing from a member about what their taste in wine is, and of course tasting their choices
- red versus white wine
- seasonal wines - what works well in each season
- matching food with wine - this might include a meal and/or a local tutored tasting
- visiting local vineyards and wine merchants for tastings and seeing how wines are produced
How will the sessions work?
Each session will include a number of tastings (25ml of each wine) and simple snacks such as water biscuits. Water will also be provided.
Costs for a tasting session should be no more than £10 per session but for meals/visits and tutored tastings this will be more.
If you are interested in this group please use the Bluebird contact button at the side of the page to send a message to the Group Leader.