Members Only Area
MEMBER NEWS UPDATES:
- Newsletter Aug 2022 "Stanway News" is now available. To view the Newsletters you will need the username and password which is on your most recent membership/renewal letter. If you aren’t receiving your copy please use the Contact page to message our Newsletter Editor.
- Note, the login screen for the Members area only comes up when you try to access a protected document. Most of our information does not need to be password protected.
- Members must renew their Membership from 1 May to take part in Stanway u3a activities. The forms for 2022-23 are now available on our WELCOME page.
- From 2022 membership renewal, the Activity Groups and Talks brochure will no longer be issued to members since the information is all on the website. A message to this effect was included in the letter you will have received with your new membership card. When you want to contact a Group Leader you need to visit the relevant group information page and send a message using the Bluebird on that page. The Group Leader will email you back and will usually provide you with their email address and telephone number. All talks, tours and social events are listed on the Events page and in our monthly newsletter.
COULD YOU SPARE SOME TIME TO HELP WITH SOME OF OUR MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATIVE & GENERAL SUPPORT TASKS?
It can be very rewarding to put your skills and experience to use by getting involved in managing and running our u3a, even in a small way. Various roles are available and deputies are always needed to shadow/cover for absences etc, which may not take up a lot of your time.
Any help is welcome, especially in the following areas:
- The Executive Committee, which meets monthly (currently via Zoom) to review current and planned activities and events, and financial matters.
- Subcommittees (such as the Social Squad which organises extra social events) meet quarterly and as the need arises.
- Helping with kitchen duties or putting out chairs and tables at the monthly meetings.
- Assisting with setting up the projector and sound equipment for our monthly meetings and social events in the Village Hall on the 2nd and 4th Friday afternoons in the month. Any help will be appreciated. Training will be given.
To find out more, send a message to our Admin Secretary via the Contact page to express an interest.
Changed your contact details? Let us know
Please remember to inform our Membership Secretary (see Contacts page) if you change your address, email address or contact telephone numbers.
WHERE HAVE THEY GONE?
The following are all now subpages of the Members Only Area:
You receive the following publications as part of your subscription to Stanway u3a:.
STANWAY NEWS: is our Newsletter circulated to all our members every month. As well as reports from the Chair and other members of the various Committees, you can find out about forthcoming trips, talks, social events, quizzes and competitions. Plus there and updates from various Groups, and articles provided by our members for your entertainment. The current and previous 3 Newsletters are available in the Links area on this page. You will be asked for your username and password (included in your membership renewal letter) as the Newsletters contain personal contact details.
THIRD AGE MATTERS: is a national magazine posted out to u3a members that choose to receive it, in February, April, June, September and November. It contains News, Views, Ideas, Opinions, Stories and much more. It includes a section called Sources which concentrates on educational issues and looks at a different subject or theme each issue.
OTHER FREE u3a PUBLICATIONS
Did you know that Third Age Trust issues a free NATIONAL NEWSLETTER each month? Full of information including announcements of interest nationally, what u3as are up to, and learning opportunities.
Click on National Newsletter to sign up to receive your copy by email.
In addition, U3A SIGNPOST is a free international Newsletter published online on the first day of every month for u3a members and kindred groups anywhere in the world.