Members Only Area
MEMBER NEWS UPDATES
- The 2020 AGM will be held on FRIDAY 13 NOVEMBER, 2020 at 2PM via Zoom video conferencing. See the new AGM 2020 Notice for full details.
- A new Outdoor Activity Risk Assessment - Word form is now available for Group Leaders of outdoor activities to complete before considering restarting Group activity. Please be aware that U3A insurance may be invalidated if Groups do not strictly adhere to current government requirements on social distancing.
- KEEPING IN TOUCH page for some great ideas and suggestions many U3As are sharing about how they are keeping in touch with each other, including convening "virtual" meetings. You will also find additional news bulletins full of quizzes, competitions and member contributions to entertain you.
- THINGS TO DO page full of ideas to keep you busy and entertained.
- COMPETITIONS page to enter or vote for your favourite photo sent in by our members each month.
- CORONAVIRUS page to access the latest official information and advice.
- WELCOME page to download the form to renew your membership from 1st May each year. If you do not renew you will not receive monthly newletters and other U3A publications, nor will you be able to participate in any U3A meetings or activities.
- Policies, Procedures & Forms page to find other Stanway U3A forms, our policies and useful guidance.
You receive a number of publications as part of your subscription to Stanway U3A:
ACTIVITY GROUPS AND TALKS BROCHURE: is sent to all existing members when they renew their membership and to new members when they join. It includes the programme of lectures for the first half of the year, and all the current Groups and Group Leaders' contact details. An Updated Booklet is sent to all members in January providing the programme of lectures for the second half of the year together with information about any new Groups and details of any changes to existing Groups.
STANWAY NEWS: is our Newsletter circulated to all our members every month. As well as reports from the Chairman and other members of the various Committees, you can find out about forthcoming trips, talks, social events, quizzes and competitions. Plus there and updates from various Groups, and articles provided by our members for your entertainment. The current and previous 3 Newsletters are available in the Links area on this page. You will be asked for your username and password (included in your latest membership letter) as the Newsletters contain personal contact details.
THIRD AGE MATTERS: is a national U3A magazine posted out to all U3A members in February, April, June, September and November. It contains News, Views, Ideas, Opinions, Stories and much more. It includes a section called Sources which concentrates on educational issues and looks at a different subject or theme each issue.
OTHER FREE U3A PUBLICATIONS
Did you know that Third Age Trust also issues a NATIONAL U3A NEWSLETTER each month? Full of information including announcements of interest nationally, what other U3As are up to, and learning opportunities.
Click on National Newsletter to sign up to receive your copy by email.
In addition, U3A SIGNPOSTS is an international Newsletter published online on the first day of every month for U3A members and kindred groups anywhere in the world.
RIVIERA TRAVEL- cashback for Stanway U3A!#
Could members inform our Treasurer if you book a holiday through Riviera as the U3A can claim back a percentage of your holiday cost to reinvest in U3A activities. We only need your booking reference and date of travel, no other information is required. Click on CONTACT button to send your booking details to our Treasurer or to find out further information.