Events - Talks, Tours and Social Events
- For those that attended the recent successful Ceilidh see link at the side for some photos and downloadable video clips from the event.
All our events are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in the monthly Newsletter, on the Noticeboard of the Welcome page, and in Dates for your Diary below. All members are very welcome to attend. Please check the Newsletters for exact dates, times and venues.
- Lecture Meetings - All members of Stanway U3A are welcome to attend our Lecture Meetings, which feature a variety of speakers. Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month (no meeting in August) in Stanway Village Hall, Villa Road, Stanway starting at 2.15pm. Entrance and refreshments are free. The programme of speakers is also advertised in the current Brochure. Alternative parking: The Evangelical Church on Chapel Road has kindly allowed us to park in their car park on Lecture days. Stanway U3A members also have access to Colchester U3A monthly talks, but do take your membership card with you. Use the link to Colchester U3A Events in the side panel.
- Mini-Lecture Meetings - Occasional meetings are held in much smaller local venues. Entrance is free, refreshments may not always be provided.
- All Around the Town - These events go to local places of interest, usually with a guide and privileged access.
- Trips and Tours - These trips go further afield and can be just for the day, or sometimes a three or four day mini-break.
- Booking Forms are available along with details for the particular event in the relevant Newsletter.
- Stanway Social Xtra - We’ve received some excellent feedback on the various additional social events we have arranged through 2019. As a result, throughout 2020, usually on the last Friday afternoon of each month, we will be organising an Xtra social event. Depending on the event and venue, these may be ticketed so we can manage numbers attending, and sometimes this may also involve a small charge to cover costs.
- New Members Meetings - are arranged throughout the year to provide an opportunity for new members to meet informally and learn about the activities and opportunities on offer.
- Group Leaders Buffet - Once a year in summer there is a ‘Thank You’ event specifically for all Stanway U3A Group Leaders who give up their time to run interest groups and activities.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Fri Mar 13th||Meeting||Back by popular demand for our March monthly meeting is Charlie Haylock to entertain us on the History of Surnames, including many surnames provided by our own members. Stanway Village hall, 2-4pm, doors open 1.45pm.|
|Fri Mar 27th||Social||Social Xtra - Crafty Friday - Tollgate Hall 2-4pm (doors open 1.45pm) This is a chance to try something new, brush up some crafting skills or just come along to chat with friends over a cuppa. For details of some of the things you can try, see Newsletter March 2020.|
|Sun Mar 29th||Outing||Thriplow Daffodil Festival & Country Fair. Now FULL but if you wish to be added to a Standby list see Newsletter Feb 2020 for contact details.|
|Fri Apr 17th||Meeting||April monthly talk is by Ray Clark of BBC Essex. Details to follow.|
|Fri Apr 24th||Meeting||A Social Xtra talk by charity Canine Concern. Details to follow.|
|Thu May 14th||Outing||CRESSING TEMPLE BARNS - 11 am. An All Around The Town visit, £6 PER PERSON. For more information including contact details and booking form see Newsletter March 2020.|
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.