Talks, Tours and Social Events
- Lecture Meetings - All members of the U3A are welcome to attend our Lecture Meetings, which feature a variety of speakers. Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month (no meeting in August) in Stanway Village Hall, Villa Road, Stanway starting at 2.15pm. Entrance and refreshments are free. The programme of speakers is advertised in the current Brochure, the monthly newsletter and in Dates for your Diary below. Alternative parking: The Evangelical Church on Chapel Road has kindly allowed us to park in their car park on Lecture days. Stanway U3A members also have access to Colchester U3A monthly talks, but do take your membership card with you. Use the link to Colchester U3A Events in the side panel.
- Mini-Lecture Meetings - Occasional meetings are held in much smaller local venues and are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in Newsletters and in Dates for your Diary below. Entrance is free, refreshments are not always provided.
- All Around the Town - These events go to local places of interest, usually with a guide and privileged access. These trips are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in the Newsletters and in Dates for your Diary below.
- Trips and Tours - These trips go further afield and can be just for the day, or sometimes a three or four day mini-break. They are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in the Newsletters and in Dates for your Diary below.
- Booking Forms are available along with details for the particular event in the relevant Newsletter.
- New Members and Coffee Socials - These social occasions are arranged throughout the year to provide an opportunity for all Stanway U3A members to meet informally.
- Special events - are arranged to supplement regular events. These may require the purchase of tickets .
- Group Leaders Buffet - Once a year in summer there is a ‘Thank You’ event specifically for all Stanway U3A Group Leaders.
All social events are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in the Newsletter, on the Noticeboard of the Welcome page, and in Dates for your Diary below. All members are very welcome to attend. Please check Newsletter for exact dates, times and venues.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Fri Nov 22nd||Outing||Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre 2019 is now FULL. To add your name to the standby list send a message to the Day Trips Organiser via the Contact page.|
|Fri Nov 29th||Social||CHRISTMAS QUIZ & SOCIAL, 2pm in Tollgate Hall. Details in Newsletter November 2019|
|Fri Dec 6th||Outing||Snape – Co-Op Juniors Christmas Spectacular - is now FULL. To add your name to the standby list send a message to the Day Trips Organiser via the Contact page.|
|Fri Dec 13th||Meeting||For December's Monthly Meeting the talk is by Essex Search and Rescue on the work they do. At Stanway Village Hall 2.15pm (doors open 1.45pm)|
|Fri Jan 10th||Meeting||January's Monthly Meeting talk is A sign of the times by Sarah Doig, looking at the history of village signs and what they tell about the history of those villages. At Stanway Village hall 2.15pm (doors open 1.45pm).|
|Fri Jan 24th||Social||WINTER CEILIDH -Live band "Metric Foot" and professional caller. 2-4.30pm Stanway Village Hall. Tickets £5 (to include refreshments)' See Newsletter November 2019 for details.|
|Fri Feb 7th||Workshop||Stanway U3A Cybercrime Seminar with Barry Linton & Essex Police. Details to follow.|
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.