Events - Talks, Tours and Social Events
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PHYSICAL MEETINGS, TALKS, TOURS AND SOCIAL EVENTS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS.
While Coronavirus lockdown and social distancing measures have caused our usual activities to cease, it does not mean we can’t carry on being social.
Visit our new KEEPING IN TOUCH page for some great ideas and suggestions many U3As are sharing about how they are keeping in touch with each other and convening "virtual" meetings. You will also find an additional news bulletin full of quizzes, competitions and member contributions to entertain you.
See also our new THINGS TO DO page full of ideas to keep you busy.
For those that attended the successful Ceilidh in January see link at the side for some photos and downloadable video clips from the event.
All our events are advertised at the monthly Lecture Meetings, in the monthly Newsletter, on the Noticeboard of the Welcome page, and in Dates for your Diary below. All members are very welcome to attend. Please check the Newsletters for exact dates, times and venues.
- Lecture Meetings - All members of Stanway U3A are welcome to attend our Lecture Meetings, which feature a variety of speakers. Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month (no meeting in August) in Stanway Village Hall, Villa Road, Stanway starting at 2.15pm. Entrance and refreshments are free. The programme of speakers is also advertised in the current Brochure. Alternative parking: The Evangelical Church on Chapel Road has kindly allowed us to park in their car park on Lecture days. Stanway U3A members also have access to Colchester U3A monthly talks, but do take your membership card with you. Use the link to Colchester U3A Events in the side panel.
- Mini-Lecture Meetings - Occasional meetings are held in much smaller local venues. Entrance is free, refreshments may not always be provided.
- All Around the Town - These events go to local places of interest, usually with a guide and privileged access.
- Trips and Tours - These trips go further afield and can be just for the day, or sometimes a three or four day mini-break.
- Booking Forms are available along with details for the particular event in the relevant Newsletter.
- Stanway Social Xtra - We’ve received some excellent feedback on the various additional social events we have arranged through 2019. As a result, throughout 2020, usually on the last Friday afternoon of each month, we will be organising an Xtra social event. Depending on the event and venue, these may be ticketed so we can manage numbers attending, and sometimes this may also involve a small charge to cover costs.
- New Members Meetings - are arranged throughout the year to provide an opportunity for new members to meet informally and learn about the activities and opportunities on offer.
- Group Leaders Buffet - Once a year in summer there is a ‘Thank You’ event specifically for all Stanway U3A Group Leaders who give up their time to run interest groups and activities.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.