There is now 1 space left on this stimulating course, There will be no meeting in December. Each session works out as £6.25 [see below] If you are interested in starting this course in January please message me.
This group started in June 2019 and is run by Heather Wells. Below is a description of what the course is intended to achieve. For more details contact Heather via the message link on right of this page.
THE COURSE WILL EXPLORE HOW WE CAN USE THE POWER OF ESSENTIAL OILS FOR
PERSONAL USE IN OUR DAILY LIFE AND IN OUR HOME.
As a practising IFPA Aromatherapist I want to help people try and use the power of plants!
The course will run for 2 hours every month ; at the moment there is not a day of the week chosen.
There are only 6 places and the course will be run from my home in St Ives.
The course runs on the 4th Wednesday of each month in the morning 10-12, omitting Christmas. A vote can be taken once we have 6 attendees.
The course will be 2 hours and will be £50 for 8 sessions. This will cover the cost of materials/
essential oils, refreshments and photo copies. [not the trip]
There will be a practical part in each session where there will be something to make and take
The course will run from September [missing out December] through until June . There will be a
visit to Hitchin Lavender farm in May. [not included in course cost]
DESCRIPTION OF PRACTICAL AROMATHERAPY COURSE
1.September. History, distillation, safety and discussion of olfactory system on how aroma
works within the body. Try some oils. Basic skin care kit. Make a shower gel.
2. October. Self defence kit- .antibacterial and anti viral oils. Inhalation and diffusion. Make an inhaler to carry or hand defence. How we can bring essential oils into our daily life.
3. November. The physiology of stress., How it effects us . Essential oils for relaxation ,sleep and digestion. Mix a sleep blend . Discuss a meditation blend.
4. January. Skin. Dermatological oils. Sensitivity discuss skin problems and how to use
essential oils with a cream /mask or Balm. Exploration of ‘baddies’ for skin.
5. February. Aroma home! Ecological cleaners for the home . Discuss cleaning bases and
powerful cleansing essential oils. Make a kitchen cleanser. Or toilet cleaner’.
6. March . Carrier oils. Where do they come from and their uses.. Plant families. Hydrolats
and maceration. Choose a herb/ flower for maceration in a base oil. [Calendula and Mallow]
7. April. Aches and Pains Muscle relieving, Arthritis and rheumatism and warming oils
explored.. Make a relieving massage oil
8. May. Women's oils - our changing bodies . Hormone imbalance . Oil blends for PMT,
Pregnancy and the Menopause. Make a facial oil.
9. June. Visit to Hitchin Lavender farm. A closer look at Lavender, and end of course…