Updated 19 July 2019.
This group was started in August 2016 so for anybody interested in joining please note that we have now progressed quite a way from the absolute beginner stage - we are now 'Improvers'.
- Meetings: Fridays 11:00am - 12.00 noon.
- Starting date for next term: Friday 13 September 2019
See link to the right of page to view the individual meeting dates.
Please also note that occasionally there may a need to cancel a class on a given week, so please check before committing.
- Location: St Ives Central Library - Meeting Room 2.
- Costs: Purchase of a course book and dictionary, plus a payment of around £10 each term to cover the hire of the meeting room.
We have now almost completed Book III of the Cambridge Latin Course and in September will move on to Book IV.
Please note that any prospective new members having no previous knowledge of Latin are likely to find this level extremely challenging.
- Cambridge Latin Course, Book IV, 4th Edition, Cambridge University Press, ISBN-13: 978-0521797931
The Group Leader is Pauline Zahner who can be contacted via the email link on the right of this page.