WHO CAN JOIN
Anyone in the Third Age – beyond full time employment – can join the U3A and this includes people who are working part time. There is no lower or higher age limit. New members are very welcome.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- make new friends with similar interests to you
- join in our activities at the Monthly Meeting and hear speakers
- learn new skills and expand your existing ones
- join many groups covering a wide variety of interests, hobbies, skills
- start new groups yourself using your skills, or passion for a hobby and share with other members
- take part in Outings, Coach trips, Theatre visits, Wine tasting, Eating out, etc
- receive your quarterly newsletter
- have access to all news and information through the U3A website
HOW DO I JOIN
- come along to the monthly meeting in Christ Church, Lord Street, Southport on the first Thursday of the month and you will be shown to the Membership table, where you can complete an application form
- click the link to download an Application Form (PDF). On the form you will find instructions for postal applications. Your membership card will be sent to you as receipt of your payment
If you wish to try us out before joining you may attend the monthly meeting as a guest for a £1 fee
If you are a UK taxpayer please complete the Gift Aid section as we may then collect money from the Tax Authority.
Annual membership cost is £10. Membership year runs from 1st September. If you join through the year you will still need to pay the full £10 joining fee. A Renewal Notice will be sent to you before the following September.
The membership fee covers your inclusion in all groups you join; some will have a small additional fee for the cost of room hire or equipment which is shared across participants. Theatre trips, wine tasting, meals etc all have to be paid for separately
If you wish for more information, or to ask any questions, click the link to email the Membership Secretary.
RENEWING YOUR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP
Existing members will be sent a Renewal Notice during August. They will have FOUR ways of renewing their membership. They can:
- return the notice together with a cheque and SAE to the Membership Secretary who will send them their new card
- bring their notice to the monthly meeting and receive their new card
- renew by clicking the link to the Renewal Form (PDF), download, print (see note below) and complete the form and pass to the Membership Secretary. If you choose this option please make sure to quote your existing membership number at the top of the form
- renew online using the Beacon system by clicking the link to the Membership Renewal Online page on this site.
If you do not have a printing facility then please write out your details on a piece of paper and submit using one of the first two methods above.