|Day of meeting||As arranged|
|Click the link to email:||Lets Go leader|
|Co-leader 1||Sharon Partington|
|Lets Go co-leader|
|Co-leader 2||Bob Jones|
|Lets Go co-leader 2|
A different style of group with no fixed days or set activities, Let’s Go is spontaneous events.
• any Let’s Go member can - and indeed will be encouraged - to initiate events. An email is sent to those who have expressed an interest in that type of event. It follows therefore that you must have an email address, or a friend with one
• you can add or remove interests at any time and occasional emails will be circulated to group members with existing and new activities
• any member can host an event. A group leader will not always be present
• there may only be 2 or 3 people taking part in an activity, especially those organised at short notice.
These events are not intended to replace the regular and larger groups.
BY JOINING THE GROUP YOU CONSENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDE BEING SHARED WITH OTHER GROUP MEMBERS to enable co-ordination.
Some examples of things being considered:
• a trip to Chester on the train, walk the city walls and a meal
• Sunday lunch
• HF Holidays or weekend breaks
• walk or cycle rides in good weather (graded by approximate distance)
• coffee morning or lunch meet up
• saving money using group bookings on events
• a visit to RAF Burtonwood Heritage Centre in the autumn
• taking advantage of free events held in Liverpool and Southport
• tours of places of local interest
Any other ideas are very welcome
There may be some events advertised on the News page if we have vacancies.
Many future events are full but if there is sufficient interest they may be repeated. Let the group leader know of your interest.
Click to view LETS GO PICTURE GALLERY
|Dates for your Diary|
|Wed Sep 29th||Spy Themed Treasure Trail around Liverpool Lime Street and beyond|
Cost is £2.50 per person to cover cost of the booklets. This will hopefully be followed by an early dinner 6.30pm at Bistro Pierre, Liverpool, taking advantage of their Wednesday night special 2 courses from their menu, with a bottle per person for £21.90 (Say £24 with tip) This is subject to confirmation of a reservation and will require a £5 deposit in advance.
Further details of travel and meeting place will follow. This event is being led by Maria leaving Southport early afternoon probably about 1.45. If the weather is really bad, we will just go for the meal or find an alternative indoor activity for the afternoon.
This event is now fully subscribed.
|Fri Oct 8th||A Taste of Liverpool|
A 3 hour walking tour guided by Brenda Jones and starting in Liverpool at 1pm. There will be 6 food / drink tasting venues all local and independent. A great insight into the history of Liverpool with a variety of amazing foods, flavours and wine. Cost is £60 which includes the tour, food, wine etc at the 6 different venues. The walk is approx 5km. A £20 deposit will be required.
Further details of travel and paying the deposit will be sent. Please join on Beacon if you would like to join Brenda. If you are unable to join on Beacon, click on the link to email the Lets Go Leader who will talk you through it.
Numbers are limited but it is always worth joining the waiting list. We sometimes have people who can't make it at the last minute and there may be places to fill.