|Day of meeting||As arranged|
|Click the link to email:||Lets Go leader|
|Co-leader 1||Sharon Partington|
|Lets Go co-leader|
|Co-leader 2||Bob Jones|
|Lets Go co-leader 2|
|Co-leader 3||Steve Birchall|
|Lets Go co-leader 3|
A different style of group with no fixed days or set activities, Let’s Go is spontaneous events.
• any Let’s Go member can - and indeed will be encouraged - to initiate events. An email is sent to those who have expressed an interest in that type of event. It follows therefore that you must have an email address, or a friend with one
• you can add or remove interests at any time and occasional emails will be circulated to group members with existing and new activities
• any member can host an event. A group leader will not always be present
• there may only be 2 or 3 people taking part in an activity, especially those organised at short notice.
These events are not intended to replace the regular and larger groups.
BY JOINING THE GROUP YOU CONSENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDE BEING SHARED WITH OTHER GROUP MEMBERS to enable co-ordination.
Some examples of things being considered:
• a trip to Chester on the train, walk the city walls and a meal
• Sunday lunch
• HF Holidays or weekend breaks
• walk or cycle rides in good weather (graded by approximate distance)
• coffee morning or lunch meet up
• saving money using group bookings on events
• a visit to RAF Burtonwood Heritage Centre in the autumn
• taking advantage of free events held in Liverpool and Southport
• tours of places of local interest
Any other ideas are very welcome
There may be some events advertised on the News page if we have vacancies.
Many future events are full but if there is sufficient interest they may be repeated. Let the group leader know of your interest.
Click to view LETS GO PICTURE GALLERY
|Dates for your Diary|
|Wed Aug 19th||Bury Market|
A car-share outing to one of the best-known markets in the UK which has frequently won “best market” awards. It has a wide range of produce including renowned cheese and, of course, Bury black pudding. There are a number of cafes around the market. Leaving Southport at about 09.00.
Click the link to email the leader Paul Carter.
|Sat Nov 21st|
The 60’s Experience
7.30 at the Southport Theatre & Convention Centre, The Promenade. Cost is £19.75.
We have reserved tickets for this very popular musical evening starring:
So if you fancy a night of musical nostalgia, then book on Beacon or click the link to email Jim Hay. All tickets must be paid for by the end of March. Cheques should be sent to Southport U3A, 3 The Paddock, Southport, PR8 3PT or dropped off at the Let’s Go desk at Thursday meeting