Music Appreciation Group 2
We listen to music on records/cds/iPods. The aim is to listen to a wide variety of musical styles/genres and there is a different topic each session decided on by the members themselves. These can vary from specific artists/composers to more general ones.
Report on Zoom Meeting Friday 10th April
Mike Adams set up a Music Group Meeting last Friday. "
"We met on Zoom & had a good chat. We came to the conclusion that the sound quality was poor & we have arranged to meet again to discuss a prearranged Playlist that we will circulate & listen to before discussing it on line"
The theme for our last proper meeting in March was New Discoveries, that is artists or albums that have only recently come to your notice, this is what we listened to.
1. A Little Man and a House by the Cardiacs from their Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window.
2. There is No Rose by John Taverner sung by the Choir of Clare College from Ex Maria Virgine album.
3. Adagio and Rondo from Concerto in f Major for Bassoon and Orchestra by Carl Maria von Weber.
4. Scarborough Fair played by Sheku Kanneh Mason on Cello from his Elgar Album.
5. Something Coming sung by Cecile McClorin Salvent from her One to Love album.
6. The Flower by The North Sea Radio Orchestra from their Birds album.
7. Zvezdolikiy Cantata for Male Chorus and Orchestra by Stravinsky.
8. Etudes D’Execution Transcendante by Franz Liszt played by Boris Berezovsky.
9. La Chasse and Fanfare from Giselle by Adolphe Adam.
10. Coal Fire, written and sung by Jeffrey Martin from his Dogs in the Darkness album.
11. All Res by GoGo Penguin from their Man Made Object album.
12. Andante Calmante from Ballads for Orchestra by Grace Williams.
13. Minueto and Scherzo from Symphony No.2 by Weber.
14. Andante Con Moto Tranquillo from Piano Trio No.1 in D Minor Op 49 by Mendelssohn played by the Gould Piano Trio.
15. Believe These Blues by Christine Kingfish Ingram from his debut album Kingfish.
The next meeting is on Monday 16th March and is Doug’s choice which is anything which includes the letter A. Unfortunately due to over-running building work the Darby’s are unable to host this meeting so we will have it at my house in Earlswood instead.
Future meetings - meet at 7:15pm for 7:30 start
Contact Mike Adams for further details about the group.
New members are always welcome.