At the first meeting of the group in February we agreed:
1. We should try evening meals and possibly some Sunday lunches. This would avoid us clashing with the vast number of interest groups that take part during both mornings and afternoons.
2. Initially we would aim for 'local' restaurants/pubs.
3. The numbers attending would be restricted to 12, and we would start with the people who initially expressed interest in the group and signed up to join. We will notify the membership if/when there are any available spaces.
4. Information about each 'event' will be put on the website calendar( Tex to do) and on to the notice board at the core meeting( Maggie to do).
5. This will be a 'shared task' group, with each individual members of the Dining Out Group taking a turn in suggesting and then organising the 'next' meal.
6 Sid has offered to organise the first meal and details will be circulated by Maggie. The meal / venue for the following month will then be decided by one of the Diners attending Sid's meal. That person will then organise a meal on behalf of the group.
By keeping the numbers to a small 'regular' group of diners the organisation of the meals should hopefully not be too difficult.
( If this all goes according to plan each member should only be required to organise one meal each year.)