How to JOIN or RENEW your membership
|PLEASE READ: The Membership Application and Membership Renewal forms comply with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation. The lawful basis on which the Stanford le Hope and District u3a collects and stores members personal data is a contract. Members can be kept informed of events and activities offered as part of their membership. Please ensure that all the relevant boxes on the form are completed and you select your required preferences and options to help us speed up the renewal process. Thank you|
PLEASE NOTE:The Executive Committee has agreed that as a result of our activities being curtailed by UK Government Covid 19 restrictions, our membership fee will be different this year. We have two tiers of membership to take account us ceasing all activities from March 2020:
- For new members and those members who did not renew in 2020/2021, the fee will again be £15. Please complete a Membership Application Form. We will continue to allow new members joining in February and March before the April 1st renewal, to pay the £15 and will qualify for 13 or 14-months membership for their first year.
- For those who were fully paid existing members in 2020/2021, the re-joining fee is reduced to £10 for the period 2021/2022 only. Please complete a Membership Renewal Form. This offer will expire on the 30th April 2021
However, we do not know when we will be allowed to resume our normal activities.
With the Covid 19 restrictions in place, we have tried to make it simple and easy to JOIN or RENEW your membership of the Stanford-le-Hope and District u3a. We don’t know when we can restart our monthly General Meetings but we would encourage you to join/re-join so we can get started quickly when allowed.
For the year 2021/2022 we have changed slightly the joining process. All members are required to complete a Membership form giving your personal details and preferences. If you wish to join or renew your membership, you will need to obtain and complete either:
- Membership Application Form. For new members and those members who did not renew in 2020/2021.
- Membership Renewal Form. For those who were fully paid existing members in 2020/2021. This offer will expire on the 30th April 2021
We have two options for you to obtain the form. A friend, neighbour, family members may help you with the printing of your form:
1. As we cannot issue paper forms at General Meetings, we will make the Membership Renewal Form available attached to the Advanced news email for you to down load and print.
2. Alternatively, via this website at any time, you can view, and print the membership form.
Click the links below to view and print the form you require:
You can now complete the form in the comfort of your own home.
The forms are single sided A4 size pages as a PDF so it should display and print on most devices. Exact printing details will depend upon your device so please follow any on-screen instructions. If required please select 'Size' on the print box and then the 'Fit' button is selected with the orientation 'Auto' or 'Portrait'. Please check the form fits onto the A4 page before printing!
To pay for your membership you also have two options:
- 1. Use our Bank Transfer facility to pay for your subscription, the amount specified on the form. See Paying by Bank Transfer Please post or deliver the completed Membership Application Form or Membership Renewal Form to the Membership Secretary whose address is at the bottom of either form. This is our preferred option. If you require a membership card please enclose a S.A.E. with your form, otherwise collect at the resumption of our General Meetings.
- 2. You can post or deliver the completed Membership Application Form or Membership Renewal Form with a cheque (No cash please) to the Membership Secretary whose address is at the bottom of either form. Cheques to be made payable to Stanford-Le-Hope and District u3a. If you require a membership card please enclose a S.A.E. with your form, otherwise collect at the resumption of our General Meetings.
Membership covers the period from April 1st to March 31st the following year.
Membership is open to anyone in their Third Age and NOT in full time employment.
As a member you may join any number of Interest groups, provided there is space available. Full details of our Groups are available with the Group Leader contact details, on the GROUPS tab at the top of the page of this website.
PDF* NOTE. To down load, view and print a pdf file you may need Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you require Adobe Reader it can be installed by clicking this link Adobe PDF Reader Take care to select the appropriate options for your device and unclick the boxes that will install unwanted software on your device.
If you require more information you can email our Membership Secretary here or from the CONTACT page.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you have or continue to have, an enjoyable time with us, joining in our many activities and events.