Check this page for MEETINGS - OUTINGS - TRIPS.
|PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE VERY SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THAT ALL OUR PLANNED EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THIS INCLUDES GENERAL AND COMMITTEE MEETINGS|
|More information in the diary entry below|
|Anybody who has booked cancelled trips etc. should have received a refund. If you have not or have any queries please contact Chris, Jean, Graham or Carol.|
|No more bookings for trips will be taken until the situation improves and we are confident that we may resume our activities.|
The monthly meeting takes place on the afternoon of the second Thursday of the month at The Springhouse, Sport and Function Suite, Springhouse Road, Corringham, SS17 8QT.
Doors open at 1.45pm and the meeting commences at 2:00pm. Please can members help us by not arriving at the Hall until 1.30pm which is the time from which we have the Hall officially booked. Committee Members and Speakers need time to set up the room to be able to deal with things such as the projector, attendance, membership and distribution of Newsletters.
|Admittance to the General Meetings is by membership card only (insurance reasons) If you forget your card you will need to sign in with John Green, the membership Secretary.|
|Please also note we have a practice to prevent MOBILE PHONES sounding during our meetings. This is both disruptive and distracting to the person speaking to us and to other members close by. We would prefer you to turn OFF your phone but accept there are circumstances where it may be required to be on. In this case please ensure it is set to SILENT and it may be advantageous for you to seat yourself towards the rear of the hall.|
Our General meetings will usually follow the format:
Please note that all timings are approximate and will depend upon prevailing events.
- Tickets for trips, shows, events, the raffle, etc. will be on sale from 1:30pm until the start of the meeting.
- The meeting starts at 2:00pm with a welcoming introduction from our Chairman and some notices.
- We will have a tea break at 2.15pm
- Tickets for the raffle will be on sale during the tea break.
- Tickets for trips, shows, events, etc. will be on sale during the tea break and at the end of the meeting. Please see Buying and Selling Tickets for events
- An Event Booking Form can be downloaded here. We have added a new pick up point.
- The raffle will be drawn at the end of the tea break.
- This is followed by a talk from an interesting guest speaker starting at 2.45pm.
- Following the speaker at 3.45pm we will continue ticket sales if required and any other announcements.
- The meeting formally ends at 4:00pm.
We are always interested to find new speakers for our General Meetings. If you have a presentation or talk that you think would be suitable for a General Meeting, or have any suggestions for other speakers and topics, please email via the CONTACT page or contact a committee member.
U3A Events Mailing List
To receive updates regarding U3A events direct to your email inbox, sign up to the events mailing list, link above. Your email address will only be used for this purpose, and never passed on to third parties. Please see also U3A Sponsored Events. If you have registered and are logging into the National U3A website
TRAVELLING AND PARKING ADVICE
Travelling to Events by Rail
Some of our Interest Groups use the local rail company c2c to get to an event in say London. It is possible to pay for this trip in a number of ways We have listed what is available and how to get the best price for your ticket. See Rail Travel
Parking your car
If you park in Stanford-le-Hope or at the Springhouse club in Corringham please read our advice. See Parking your car!
|Dates for your Diary|
|Trips - Day and Theatre|
Mon Dec 6th
→Tue Dec 7th
Blenheim Palace at Christmas
Sorry we have cancelled this trip for 2020 BUT we are planning it now for 2021 for the same weekend so the dates have changed by a day. We will change the booking form when the trip is confirmed