Membership is £12.00 per person annually.
This fee includes a £4 membership fee paid to our national organisation, the Third Age Trust, which provides a wide range of services and benefits, including liability insurance cover.
Our membership year runs from March 1st to February 28th(or29th) each year. Membership for all current members is valid until 1st March 2022. A reminder that renewal is due will be sent to members in January 2022
Please complete an application form which can be downloaded by clicking this link Membership Application form
- Please note this is a two page document so please complete both pages.
- If you are paying directly into our bank account please remember to put your name in the 'reference' field of the transaction so that we can track your payment. The account details are Sort Code 16-52-21 Account No.52400181 Account Name Skiddaw U3A.
- If you are happy for us to share your name and address with the 'Third Age Trust' so that they can send you the 'Third Age Matters' and 'Sources' magazines you must tick the box to give your consent and sign the form
- We are not issuing membership cards. On receipt of your application form and membership fee you should receive a confirmatory email which can be shown as proof of membership.
- Please consider signing the Gift Aid Declaration which will enable Skiddaw U3A to reclaim tax on your donation.
Re-Joining Skiddaw U3a
If your membership has lapsed and you wish to re-join please contact the Membership Secretary. Please indicate that you have previously been a member and give your membership number if possible
Any fully paid up, current member of another U3A can apply to become an Associate Member of Skiddaw U3A without paying a further membership fee. The conditions applying to Associate Membership are:
- that they have a valid and current membership card for another U3A
- there is no waiting list for the activity they wish to join
- no Associate Member may join any waiting list for any of Skiddaw U3A activities.
- they pay the costs of the activity on the same basis as other members
- All group convenors must be full members of Skiddaw U3A