Beacon is an online database system for managing the running of local U3A organisations.
Shrewsbury U3A began using the Beacon system in July 2017 and is in the process of implementing features so that members can do things interactively online.
As a Shrewsbury U3A member, you can use the Login - Members link to:
- Update your membership information
- Renew your subscription (via credit/debit card)
- Join and leave groups
- Keep up-to- date with the groups, meetings and events.
And, if you are a group coordinator, you can use the Login - Co-ordinators link to:
- Manage the members in your group (print lists, send emails, check contact details)
- Keep your group information exciting and up-to- date
- Publicise meetings and events for your group.
Prospective members are now able to join Shrewsbury U3A from the comfort of their own home.
We hope that you are willing to embrace the Beacon system (it is now in use by more than 100 regional U3As around the country) and you are invited to use the links at the top right of this page.
Beacon System Status
The Shrewsbury U3A Beacon system is up and running. Group coordinators have been invited to use the system. Members have recently been invited to use the system. New members can now join online.
Known issues: Please see the dedicated Known Issues page.
Hints and tips: Please see the dedicated Beacon Tips page.