Pop up - World of Bees
Celebrate World Bee Day: The Wonderful World of Bees
This session which will be led by Helena who is a local bee-keeper and honey producer.
Bees are an essential part of our food chain, but most of us know very little about them – so the UN has designated 20th May each year as World Bee Day to draw attention to this.
During this session we will explore various aspects of the topic including:
• A little of the history of bee-keeping
• The everyday life of bees
• What bee-keeping involves
• Bee-keeping equipment – Helena will bring along her ‘kit’
• How bees make honey
• Honey tasting
• Bee friendly plants we can all grow to help all pollinators
If you would like more information please contact using the Bluebird email box on this page.
Page last updated 28.03.19