Book Group - Murder Mystery 2
SHOREHAM & SOUTHWICK U3A HAS 4 MURDER MYSTERY BOOK GROUPS
Each group meets on a different day. All of the groups are home based and so the size of the groups is constrained by physical space. If you are interested in joining a U3A Murder Mystery Book Group please email by clicking on the bluebird message box on this page.
MURDER MYSTERY BOOK GROUP 2
Murder Mystery Book Group 2 meets in a member's home on the third Friday of the month at 2.15 p.m. Members usually choose the books to read and we vote at each meeting on what we thought of the book.
However, if you are interested in joining a Murder Mystery Book Group please email using the bluebird contact box on this page.
What sort of things do we discuss?
Many of the things that any books group would discuss, but perhaps with a few additions. For example:
• First and foremost, did we enjoy reading the book!
• Was the book well written?
• Were the characters believable?
• Did we get a sense of place, be it another town, another country or a specific workplace or environment?
• Did it have a good plot and have something different to offer?
• Did we want to keep turning the page, or not?
• Were there ‘twists in the tale’?
• Was the book the right length with every page earning its keep - or was it padded?
• Was the perpetrator of the crime too obvious from too early in the book?
• Was any violence gratuitous, or any police procedure unnecessary to the plot - just for the sake of it?
• Were we provided with believable evidence of the perpetrator's means, motive and opportunity?
• If by an established author, was there evidence of them taking their readers for granted – trading on their reputation and not producing ‘the goods’?
• Would we read another book by the same author?
Page last updated 01.11.19