Please note, since the start of the pandemic, restrictions concerning meetings have been in place. We are gradually returning to normal, but please check the website for details of when and how to meet safely again.
When you join the Selsey u3a, your membership entitles you to:
1. ATTEND THE MONTHLY OPEN MEETINGS — these are held on the 4th Friday of every month at the Selsey Centre in Manor Road. Doors open at 2pm, when tea/coffee and biscuits will be available, and you will have time to meet and chat with other U3A members. The Meeting itself starts at 2.30pm, at which time the Chairman and members of the Committee will share information. This will be followed by the Speaker of the Day’s presentation with an opportunity for Q & A’s afterwards. There will always be a raffle and a quiz.
2. ATTEND AS MANY INTEREST GROUPS AS YOU WISH — these are the lifeblood of the organisation and offer the opportunity to everyone to pursue their personal interests with like-minded people. All groups are informal and friendly and are hosted either in members’ homes or in an appropriate venue.
If a host provides refreshments, we suggest a contribution of a minimum of 50p per person. If using a hired venue, the contribution will be more. Please see the attached summary of those groups that are presently active. If you would like to join one of these, please contact the Groups Co-ordinator.
3. PARTICIPATE IN TRIPS organised by Selsey U3A.
4. FORM A NEW GROUP – If you have a particular interest or expertise which is not shown on the Active Groups List, then the Committee would be pleased to help you to set up a new group. The best way of enjoying your interests can be by sharing them with others which can be very rewarding. All groups have started in this way.
5. ACCESS THE WEBSITE - For all information on Selsey U3A visit www.u3asites.org.uk/selsey
Selsey U3A Executive Committee