Enrolment and Membership
Autumn: October - December 2019
Spring Summer: January - August 2020
Fees: Annual Membership £22.00, or £25.00 to include Theatre and Visits.
Fees: Join in Spring Summer £14.00, or £16.00 to include Theatre and Visits.
No discount is given for belonging to more than one U3A.
To Enrol, click on the Application and Enrolment Form link on this page; print it off, complete, and send to Mrs Valerie Pletts with your cheque.
In the rare event of all activities you have applied for are full, you will be contacted by our Enrolment Secretary. You will be offered the option to continue with the enrolment (hoping a member will withdraw from one of the activities), or have your cheque returned.
- No places will be reserved for former students so it is essential for all students to re-apply.
- The enrolment process starts on Tuesday 30th July 2019 when the application forms will be opened randomly and places allocated.
- After this date students will be accepted on a first come first served basis on the receipt of an application form and cheque.
- Some groups have limited spaces so you need to apply before this date to have the best chance of success
- Please do not apply for groups with a limit on the number of places unless you intend to be a frequent attendee (in fairness to those on the waiting list).
Withdrawing from Classes and Activities
If you find that a class is not what you expected, or you need to withdraw from a class for any other reason, please advise the Tutor or Enrolment Secretary (Valerie Pletts on 01223 570627), rather than just not attending as there may be a waiting list for the course.
Cancellation of Classes
The committee reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrolment and attendance or for any other reason.
All students are asked to provide, where possible, an email address to receive an increasing amount of U3A information. The use of email addresses saves time and work for the administrators and cost to the U3A. We will send information by post to students without access to email but it is inevitable that they may receive information later than students with email addresses.
If you do not use email regularly, please consider asking a friend or relative
if you could enter their email address. Please be aware of the points below:
• Email addresses are only used to communicate to members within the
• Email addresses are never shared outside the organisation or with other U3A
• We use Bcc to avoid broadcasting your email address to other members.
Please ask a committee member if you need this to be clarified.
• Email addresses are not stored as contacts on the email system.
All members now receive a copy of the U3A News four times each year, by direct mail. The committee will only supply members’ addresses to the U3A Head Office with no other details, subject to data protection legislation. The cost is met from the membership fee.
Sawston U3A is now a registered charity, no 1141150, benefitting from
Gift Aid in the past year. We thank all members who completed the
Gift Aid consent on their enrolment form and would ask that they do so
again for the coming financial year.
Sawston Area U3A accepts no responsibility for accidents not covered by its Public Liability Insurance.