To join or renew
To join or renew your membership of Saltburn & District U3A please download and print off the relevant form by clicking on the appropriate link on the links section of this page.
If you don’t have a printer, forms will be available at the membership desk at Update meetings. Please use one form per person.
Bring your completed form to any Update meeting* along with a cheque for £10 payable to Saltburn District U3A. (Cash will be accepted but cheques are preferable.)
You will be issued with a membership card. The card for the 2019 -2020 period is YELLOW.
You will need to show this card when attending U3A classes, trips, talks and events
Annual membership fees are due on 1st April each year, irrespective of your date of joining.
If you are a UK tax payer, please consider ticking the gift aid box. The U3A will then be able to reclaim the tax paid on your subscription at no cost to yourself.
Renewals can be made at the usual monthly Update Meetings
Important Note Regarding Renewal of Membership
We will process individual applications while you wait. There may be a queue at busy times.
To avoid long delays for individual members, groups of three or more, and batch applications by group leaders will be treated separately. It may not be possible to process these applications during the session and for this reason, we must insist that batch applications are paid for with cheques and not cash.
Thanks for your understanding.
Thank you in advance to all of our volunteers who give their time so generously helping with this.
*Update meetings are on the first Friday of each month and are held in the Community Centre, Windsor Road, Saltburn. Doors open at 9.45am. Meeting lasts until 11am
Please ensure that you renew your membership by the end of April ’19.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
• U3A members are expected to conduct themselves within the movements “guiding principles”. They are also expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.
• The member Code of Conduct clarifies the standard of behaviour expected as a member of a U3A
• Members are expected to know, follow and promote the Principles of the U3A Movement at every opportunity
• Members must always act in the best interests of Saltburn District U3A and the U3A Movement, strive to uphold its reputation and never do anything which could bring Saltburn District U3A or the U3A Movement into disrepute or expose it to undue risk
• Members are expected to use Saltburn District U3A’s resources responsibly and only to further its stated charitable objects/purposes
• Members are expected to reflect the current organisational policy of Saltburn District U3A, regardless of whether it conflicts with their personal views
• Members are expected to abide by Saltburn District U3A’s procedures and practices
• Members are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect at all times