Welcome to the Richmond upon Thames U3A website
To apply for membership, please use the application form at the top of this page. You will then be sent a membership card and details of our U3A.
Many of our groups are resuming face-to- face meetings and some are continuing to meet online using Zoom, Skype, email, and other means. To view the schedule for the groups, please see the Beacon Calendar
Retired or semi-retired? Want to make new friends and learn something new? U3A is a co-operative of older people that enables members to share learning, creative and leisure activities.
Richmond University of the Third age
• was launched in 1991
• runs on a self-help basis
• has about 1,350 members
• offers more than 100 groups in varying subjects
• operates through an elected committee
• has membership entirely of volunteers
• depend on the continuing interests of members
• are led by someone who is knowledgeable or enthusiastic about a subject or activity
• have leaders who direct the study of the group and encourage members to contribute
• meet during the daytime, usually in a member’s home
• hire halls when necessary, either for larger groups or because of the nature of the activity
• have the support of a Section Leader for their subject, as well as the local Groups Co-ordinator and National U3A Subject Advisers
Monthly Meetings are still being held online using Zoom. The link to join the meeting will be emailed to members a few days before the meeting..
The Monthly Meeting will:
• take place at 2.30 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month, apart from December or if other events e.g. elections have priority use of the Hall
• usually have a speaker, details of whom are given in the newsletter, and under the Events tab on this website.
Pre Covid, meetings were held at the Clarendon Hall, York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ. Members pay £1 and non-members £2 (for 2 trial attendances only). Refreshments included. We hope to return to this eventually.
York House is on the bus routes 33, 68, R70, H22 and 490 (Lebanon Court bus stop)
There is limited car parking for a maximum of two hours
For membership enquiries, please contact David Wood (membership). A link to the membership application form can be found on this page.