THIS PAGE GIVES INFORMATION ABOUT (1) RENEWING MEMBERSHIP (2) NEW MEMBERSHIP
|CONTACT||Membership Secretary 01623 616615||Treasurer Ravenshead U3A 01623 409743|
1. RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
A MESSAGE FROM OUR TREASURER (OCTOBER 2020)
Over the last few years, we have not increased our membership fees mainly due to the backdated Gift Aid claim in 2017. This year with lockdown and Covid-19 we have saved money on venue costs, speaker fees and refreshments, but we have had additional costs with the production of the ‘Keep in Touch’ (KIT) Newsletter which has offset some of these savings.
At a recent meeting of the Ravenshead U3A committee it was therefore decided that renewal fees would be set at £10 for all members (Full and Associate). One reason for this is ease of collection should people wish to renew by cash.
- New members will be required to pay the full membership fee of £13.50 for 2021
- It is probable that the committee will have to restore the full membership fee in 2022.
RENEWALS: Renewal forms were sent out either by email or letter at the beginning of December for 1st January 2021 renewals. Please contact the Membership Secretary - Frances (or Treasurer - Sue) if you need it to be resent or have any queries. Renewal email and letter reminders will be sent out on February 1st.
Non-renewed Membership will expire on February 28th 2021.
PAYMENT: The options to pay are detailed below but we encourage you to pay by BACs or Paypal if possible: -
- BACS – Please email me here, Treasurer Ravenshead U3A and I will send you the bank details. Please include your membership number in the details.
- PAYPAL - You can now pay by using a link to PAYPAL. This is a new feature of the Beacon system and enables you to use your credit or debit card or a Paypal account if you have one. Click on the following link to sign in to the “MEMBERS PORTAL” using the link below:
Then enter your details as shown on your renewal and follow the instructions. A help-sheet is here: ONLINE RENEWALS. This will take you to the Beacon website where you can follow the process through.
- CHEQUE – £10 made out to “Ravenshead U3A” with member name(s) and membership number(s) on back of cheque.
This can also be put in the Treasurer’s Post Box at Kighill Farm (34 Kighill Lane, Ravenshead, Nottingham, NG15 9HN) or sent in the post to Frances Gilbert, 12 Chestnut Drive, Berry Hill, Mansfield, NG18 4PW. Alternatively, it can be given to the couriers who deliver the KIT newsletter as they will pass the money to me or Frances – Membership Secretary.
- CASH – as above but include one £10 note. It must contain written details including full Name and Membership Number.
- NOTE: CARDS - Membership cards are not being issued this year as the information is available on Beacon for all Group Leaders and the Committee. Those renewing by Paypal may receive a ‘digital’ card.
Susan Owen. Treasurer Ravenshead U3A
2. HOW TO JOIN RAVENSHEAD U3A AS A NEW MEMBER
New members, from any area, are always welcome to join Ravenshead U3A. The pages of this website show some of what we do, but it is always best to speak to someone. Potential members are welcome to come along to our monthly meeting at St. Peter’s church on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10.00 a.m. to find out more. Alternatively, contact our Membership Secretary, Frances Gilbert, who will help to explain things.
New Members can also join our U3A by using the New Member Application Form. Full details about joining can be found on the form. This can be posted to our Treasurer Ravenshead U3A with payment.
New Members can also join and pay via Paypal, using a credit or debit card if they don’t have a Paypal account. Follow this link: New Membership Payment