Blogs and Zoom
Click for schedule of Radlett & District u3a Zoom Group meetings. If you wish to attend any of these meetings, please contact the Group Leader via the Carrier Pigeon on the Group page.
This is the page for the blogs provided by our members during the current Coronavirus situation
Click below for the blog you wish to view
Blog 31 12th November 2020
Blog 30 29th October 2020
Blog 29 15th October 2020
Blog 28 Blog 27 Blog 26 Blog 25 Blog 24 Blog 23 Blog 22 Blog 21
Blog 20 Blog 19 Blog 18 Blog 17 Blog 16 Blog 15 Blog 14 Blog 13 Blog 12 Blog 11
Blog 10 Blog 9 Blog 8 Blog 7 Blog 6 Blog 5 Blog 4 Blog 3 Blog 2 Blog 1
Please, please follow the Zoom etiquette rules below:
• Be polite ! Do not talk when someone else is talking.
• Turn off any streaming device connected to the Internet as it could reduce your bandwidth for the Zoom meeting and cause you not to enjoy it !
• Turn up early! But not more than 5 minutes otherwise you might join the meeting before your’s and disrupt it !
• Use the mute button when you join a call and please do not say “Hi” (however unnatural that feels) as someone may be talking. Also use the mute button when others are talking to avoid disruption from telephone calls or barking dogs which can interrupt the flow of the speaker.
• Use the 'chat' facility to ask questions or request to speak
• Use first name and surname as your Zoom identity to ensure others know you are. iPad or Ruth is not helpful ! Help is available here --> Change Zoom ID
• Please don't eat anything when on Zoom unless you are muted - the microphone will pick up the noise !
• Check what's behind you. Don’t be the person with the TV on pause and a half-empty bottle of red wine that can be seen by all participants !
How to use Zoom Teleconferencing guides are at the right hand side of this page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a meeting or need help with Zoom