HERITAGE VISITING GROUP
DESCRIPTION: We visit museums, cathedrals, major historical sites and other heritage locations about a dozen times a year. Whenever possible, guided tours are arranged. Visits usually include the chance to lunch in groups.
|John Colman:||7 Surrenden Close, Brighton, BN1 8EB|
|Email: email@example.com||Mobile: 07710 298221;||Home: 01273 556977|
Reservation, Booking & Visit Conditions. Please read these terms carefully before paying.
1) To check a visit’s availability, please contact John Colman by phone, email or at the U3A monthly meeting.
2) Reserving space gives you booking priority. Please pay at least 1 month in advance. You will be reminded by email.
3) A booking is only made on receipt of payment. Once booked, payments made are not normally refundable.
4) Payment is only accepted by cheque made payable to “Preston Park U3A no.2 Account”. Cash is not accepted.
5) All reservations and bookings are made on a first come, first served basis. Tickets are not issued in advance.
6) Visits by coach are number limited; most other visits are not. If bus travel is involved please bring a bus pass or pay.
7) Reservations, bookings & payments will always be acknowledged. Final details will be emailed a week before a visit.
8) If you are likely to be away or out of contact in the 6 to 8 weeks before the visit, please pay before you go away.
9) Visits are for PPU3A members only but, at the convenor’s discretion, others may be invited to attend to fill spaces.
10) If a visit is cancelled or materially changed we hope to refund your payment but this cannot be guaranteed.
11) There are often last minute withdrawals so it is worth asking to be “on stand-by” for sold out visits.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Fri Feb 14th||V&A, Natural History or Science Museum, London (your choice) by rail in groups of 3 or more & bus. |
0940 Meet Brighton Station (not Preston Park) for 1003 to Victoria. Return rail not valid between 1615-1915. Now booking, cheque please. Cost £13 + own bus fare if no pass.
|Fri Feb 28th||Middle Street Synagogue, Brighton. It is important you tell me you will be attending as our visit has an upper number limit. SOLD OUT|
|Fri Mar 13th||Wellcome Collection,183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE|
by rail in groups of 3 or more to St Pancras International & 800 yard walk or possibly bus. Meet 0920 at Brighton Station or 0925 at Preston Park. Return at time of own choosing. Now booking, cheque please. Cost £13.
|Fri Mar 27th||Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London by rail in groups to City Thameslink & short walk or bus. Guided tour at 1130 after airport style security check. Why not stroll around Middle Temple afterwards! Now booking, cheque please. Cost £25|
|Fri Apr 24th||Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery, Ealing, London. This was the country home of Sir John Soane and will be exhibiting The Rakes Progress by Hogarth. By rail in groups, tube, rail & short walk. Meet 0920 Brighton Station rail to Victoria onto Ealing Broadway about 1130. Return journey at any time. Now booking, cheque please. Cost £31|
|Fri May 22nd||Imperial War Museum - Duxford, Cambridgeshire. By coach - pick ups at 08.30-08.45. Arrive about 1130, depart 1600, back in Brighton about 1830. There is an air display on the following 2 days so there should be air activity! Now booking, cheque please. Cost £32.|
|Fri Jun 19th||Mary Rose, Portsmouth. Guided tour included. By rail in groups and short walk. Meet 0915 Brighton Station. Rail to Chichester, change & on to Portsmouth Harbour. Now booking, cheque please dated 01/06/2020. Cost £30|
|Fri Sep 25th||Buckingham Palace State Rooms. Meet at Brighton Station at 0940 for 1003 service to Victoria (in groups of 3 or more). 20 minute walk to Palace. Self guided tour at 1200 of state rooms ending about 1400. Return rail not valid between 1615 and 1915. First come first served. Likely cost about £35. To make a reservation a cheque for £35 is required. This will be cashed early in the new year when the booking is made.|
|Fri Oct 9th||Hever Castle via Speldhurst Church. By coach pick ups at 09.00-09.15. A guided talk of Speldhurst Church with its Burne-Jones windows on the way to Hever Castle & Gardens, the home of the Boleyn family. Back in Brighton about 18.00. |
Now booking, cheque dated 1/6/2020 please. Cost £28
|Fri Oct 23rd||Supreme Court of United Kingdom (4th Visit), Parliament Square, London by rail in groups to London Bridge & tube. Meet at Brighton Station (not Preston Park) at 0845 for 0902 train. 1100-1200 Guided tour of Supreme Court. Return at time of own choosing. Now booking, cheque (dated 1st June 2020) please. Cost £23.|
|Fri Nov 13th||Glyndebourne Backstage Tour. By car sharing. Arrive for coffee & pastry at 10.00, tour at 10.15 finishing about 10.45-12.00. NB the date and day of the week may change. NOT YET BOOKED. Taking Reservations only|
|Fri Nov 27th||City of London Guildhall including Great Hall (if open), Art Gallery, Library, Roman Amphitheatre, City of London Police Museum & St Lawrence Jewry Wren Church. Meet at Brighton Station 0938 or Preston Park at 0942. Rail to London Bridge. Walk over bridge for 1 mile into city or bus and short walk. Now booking, cheque dated 1/6/2020 please. Cost £13.|