Welcome to Pontesbury and District u3a
- The village of Pontesbury is part of the Rea Valley and is situated in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- There are three substantial villages and a number of smaller settlements as well as the lovely open countryside of the South Shropshire Hills.
- We welcome members from all parts of the district.
- If you are not in full-time employment and would welcome the opportunity to join others in a wide range of learning and physical activities in a friendly and supportive environment, why not join Pontesbury and Rea Valley u3a?
- It’s a great opportunity to meet new friends, enjoy social occasions together and pursue lifelong interests and skills or perhaps, a chance to acquire brand new ones.
- We hold monthly meetings currently both on-line and face-to-face where members meet socially and enjoy presentations and activities on a wide range of subjects (have a look at our Events page).
- We have over twenty interest groups ranging from cycling and table tennis to local history and creative writing and we are always open to suggestions for new interest groups (the Interest Groups page provides more detailed information.)
- The u3a is an organisation that promotes lifelong learning across a wide range of activities and subjects and which fosters friendship and fun. It is open to anyone who is retired or not in full-time employment.