Why join Petersfield u3a?
Membership of Petersfield u3a is open to anyone no longer in full time employment (no qualification or particular expertise is required). We are a learning co-operative enabling its members to share many educational, recreational, social and creative activities. The activities are organised mainly in small groups that meet regularly, whose Group members, learn from each other through sharing their knowledge, skills and experience. To find out more, please click Learning is for Life
We offer a wide range of interest groups, activities, educational talks, trips, concerts and social events throughout the year. Becoming a member gives you an opportunity to participate in all activities with other like minded members. Detailed information about all our activities are shown on the Groups and Events pages.
Benefits of u3a Membership to You
• Being a Petersfield u3a member offers you more than just membership of your interest or activity group but also a wider sociable fellowship.
• All members are welcome at our monthly General Meetings, Arts & Heritage, Science & Technology, (A small charge to cover hall hire and refreshments may be payable).
• You can participate in national u3a events and activities - such as conferences, summer schools, research projects, photographic competitions, etc.
• The opportunity to start your own interest group if one does not exist or failing that to have reciprocal membership with another local u3a that may have one.
• The opportunity to using your skills within the management committee to support the continued development of our u3a.
How do I join?
Joining is very simple and can be done at any time. Simply download and complete an Application form and the Standing Order Payment form and send them together with a stamped, self-addressed envelope (for your membership card can be posted to you) to the Membership Secretary.
Once you have a membership card and number, you may contact any interest Group you are interested in joining and take part in all other u3a activities. Some groups may be full and have a waiting list, but many are happy to welcome new members and some may allow taster sessions. Go to the Groups page, click on the Group of interest and contact the Group Leader via the 'Message' icon for further details.
If you have any membership queries, please contact the Membership Secretary, who will be pleased to help by clicking the envelop at the top right of this page.
How much will it cost?
Our annual membership fee is £15.00, payable by the end of September each year. The fee covers the day-to-day running expenses of Petersfield u3a, including the three monthly meetings and the cost of affiliation to the Third Age Trust. A small additional charge may be made at some meetings and activity groups to cover expenses such as room hire, materials and refreshments and certain events and trips will also incur an extra charge to cover the ticket price. All new members joining after the 1st May will enjoy membership until August of the following year.