WELCOME TO PENZANCE U3A
MEETING MONTHLY AT THE BIG DANCE STUDIO ON CHAPEL STREET, PENZANCE
We are very pleased you have decided to visit our website.
Our U3A started in 2017 and currently we have 150 members.
Penzance U3A continues to grow with new members joining weekly. Our members are drawn mainly from Penzance and Newlyn, but others come from across the whole of West Cornwall.
At our monthly meetings, held on the third Monday of the month (except August), 2.00pm for 2.30pm, we have a range of speakers giving talks on subjects of local interest. This is followed by afternoon tea, where we can socialise and find out more about existing activity groups, proposed groups and planned events.
Potential new members can attend these socials to get information about the groups on offer, and talk to members.
Currently we have 22 interest groups, ranging from Art Appreciation to Yoga, where members come together to share and develop an interest or skill and have fun.
We also produce an interesting and informative monthly newsletter giving the latest updates of group times and meeting places, which we send out to all members.
Our subscription is £18 per annum or £14.50 for a member of another U3A.
Anyone wishing to join our U3A can do so at a meeting or via the contact link.
- The U3A is a learning organisation made up of self-help groups run by their members.
- We welcome people who are no longer in full time employment and wish to learn and socialise together.
- There are currently over 1000 U3As across the country in this growing dynamic organisation.
- People coming together, learning together, not for qualifications but for the sheer joy of discovery.
- Come and join us to see how much a U3A can bring to your life, there are over 400,000 members across the country currently doing just that.