Many thanks to the editors who sent the encouraging messages below:
- Maidstone Invicta U3A: I have just discovered U3A Oversights. As the web editor for a new U3A this is a very welcome facility. It will be great to share ideas and save reinventing the wheel. Thank you for all of your work on this.
- Broxbourne U3A: Wow!! Thanks for such a wonderful innovation. A really good way of sharing information across many U3A groups - not just those in our locality. I tried searching in Groups for Wood Turning - and up popped our Broxbourne group! I tried my name in the photo search and there I was! Amazing! I shall look forward to using the Oversights pages more often - and hopefully the help provided there will mean I stop troubling you with SOS messages when I can't seem to upload files!!
- Yate & Sodbury District U3A: I am not a 'technical' person and so I rely on your help and advice - I never cease to be impressed with your continuous updating of this facility - our membership grows constantly because of our website. A big thank you to all involved.
- Somerton U3A: At a quick glance it looks really good and I look forward to seeing it develop! As I think we were the 70th site to be published I am very impressed to see how it has all developed and I can't recommend it enough.
- Bakewell U3A: Particularly liked the Sites, Groups and Editing pages. Events and Pictures less useful.
- Croydon U3A: Fantastic idea! So good to be able to see at a glance what other U3As are doing. Looking forward to exploring all the possibilities you are offering.
- Awake U3A: Liking it! I have recently set up our website, having no idea on building a website or what the content could be I was delighted to have the support of the site builder and the chance to look at other U3A websites, without this I am afraid there would be a long wait for anything interesting on our site. I look forward to gaining more insights plus ideas on what we could develop.
- Basildon & Billericay U3A: U3A Oversights looks like it will be very good additional facility.
- Lewes U3A: As always a great resource for we site editors. Thanks for providing us with the tools we need
- Sandwell U3AJust looked at the new Oversights page and think it could be very useful to us when looking at interest groups, activities etc. of other U3As. A lot of work has gone into this, well done to those concerned.
- Ashburton U3A: This site is extremely well designed, giving navigation in line with our own sites which was great. I like the idea of seeing other sites so easily which will be useful as we grow our groups and add more and more to our own site. I have already seen an idea to add a new page for hot news.
- St. Helens U3A: On a quick once-over, this appears to be a useful and "community building" idea. Question - who chooses what is included? Is this done by your "Oversights" editor, or does it depend on us presenting material? Or is there room for both? (It's probably all explained on there somewhere, and I haven't read it in sufficient detail yet!)
- Isle of Man U3A: Looks like an excellent idea and the site is easy to navigate. Particularly like the Groups tag cloud feature. Is the intention for this site to be made known to all members?
- Soar Valley U3A: The Events page is a good idea. It doesn't seem to have picked up our Art Show on 20/21 April though!
Answers: At present the content is based on automatic selections by the software running the site, but there is certainly scope for editors to nominate sites, groups and pictures of particular interest, using the message function on the relevant page.
The site is publicly-available for any U3A member to see, so please tell your own colleagues about it.
Event details will be shown only if they were entered via the "Add event" sidebar option. It would be too difficult and error-prone to pick them out from normal page text. So - another good reason for exploiting the special Site Builder features for managing event information!