Contact - 01386 852930 or by e-mail via the message box on the right
Venue - Various local churches, please contact the leader for details
When - 3rd Wednesday of the month from 10.00 a.m. to 12 noon
Subscriptions - subs of £5 per person, £8 for couples living at same address. per year from January to January: There are additional costs for our all day visits
New members welcome
The aims of the group are:
- visit and enjoy our local heritage, as found in historic churches and to understand something of their story - how they came to exist
- appreciate the works of art they contain - architecture, stained glass, carved woodwork, sculpture, and paintings
- to explore the area of the four counties which comprise - or lie adjacent to - the North Cotswolds, by visiting these interesting and historic places
For your guidance –
• You must be a U3A member in order to join these activities.
• We meet at the first church mentioned for 10.00 a.m. and finish at noon.
• Make every effort to share transport and costs, on the basis of £0.40 a mile divided amongst the travellers, who should take the initiative in ensuring that the driver is reimbursed.
• It is always appropriate to leave a donation – these historic churches need our help
• We try to arrange for coffee or loos but often this detail can only be confirmed nearer the time and is circulated in an email a few days before the expedition.
• It is courteous to know by the previous day, at the latest, if group members are not planning to come..
Please note - We do not meet during December or January
15th September - Willersey Village Hall. - Power point presentation 'The first thousand years of churches in Britain - upto 1066'
20th October - Bibury and Bagendon - details to follow
17th November, Stratford - upon - Avon - details to follow