Nature Study Saunter
Led by Valerie 07889 660785 or 01637 852162 (answerphone)
This is a new group idea for people who just want a gentle stroll in the open air with some company, whilst studying the flora and fauna of areas around Newquay or a bus ride away, followed by a brew and bite in a nearby cafe or pub.
Themes could be:-
• Wandering around beaches collecting different shells or pretty pebbles
• Strolling along footpaths photographing different wildflowers
• Peering in rock pools for marine life
• Watching birds around a lake or river
• Admiring gardens while sauntering around a village
• Spotting sea life around a harbour
• Visiting Nature Reserves, Animal Sanctuaries or even Newquay Zoo
• Identifying trees and plants
Walks would be as short as the group members present on the walk can do comfortably. Those that want a longer walk can stride out and meet again later. Meetings would have to be ad hoc due to weather constraints, and would be fitted around a convenient day for group members.
In addition to the monthly Nature Study Saunters at various different locations, Valerie walks her dog around Newquay Community Orchard on a regular basis so if you fancy a short stroll with some company or if you would like a guided tour (without the dog) please ring Valerie.
If you would like to join this group please call or email Valerie.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Mon Dec 17th||Trenance Gardens Tree Walk|
Meet in the car park at the Heron Centre 11am
Tree Identification Walk around Trenance Gardens and Lake.
Weather permitting, those wanting a longer walk can carry on to the Gannel. Venue for lunch to be decided on the day.
Parking in Heron Centre free Nov to March or:-
87 bus from Newquay bus station 10:35 arrives 10:43, or from the other direction 87 bus arrives 10:18,85 bus arrives 10:48