The Photography Group is led by Jennie - Tel 01726 824272
This group meets once a month, usually on the first Thursday. Various locations are chosen throughout the year by the Group. Any lifts are arranged when needed.
Indoor sessions at Crantock Village Hall are also held from time to time and this gives members a chance to discuss any problems with the more experienced members of the Group.
A photography competition, judged by expert photographers, is held six times a year, culminating in a 'Winner of Winners' Trophy.
03.01.19 Abstract Workshop – Crantock Village Hall
07.02.19 Wheal Martyn
07.03.19 Heartlands/Wheal Rose
02.05.19 Farm Visit, Quintrell Downs ??
06.06.19 Chyverton Nature Reserve
04.07.19 Boat Trip
01.08.19 Crantock Village Hall – Quiz Trail
05.09.19 Screech Owl Sanctuary
03.10.19 Port Issac/Wadebridge
07.11.19 Crantock Village Hall – Prog Planning
05.12.19 Christmas Lights - Angarrack.
Rules for Photography Competition 2019.
1. The Competition is open to all members of the Photography Group.
2. Photographs may be taken world-wide (unless stipulated), and from 1st January, 2010, when the Photography Group was formed.
3. One photograph to be entered on or before the specified date in colour or black and white.
4. Names must be on the back of the photograph.
5. Size of the photograph to be A4 or less and any enhancement must be declared on the back.
The photograph judged ‘first’ by an ‘expert’ – Peter Bland, from Lostwithiel U3A, and a Professional Photographer, will go forward to an ‘end of year’ Winner of Winners, to be judged by David Chapman, and a trophy will be awarded.
Specified Dates and Photography Subjects (to be handed in by:)
• Tuesday, 12th March - Water
• Tuesday, 14th May - Yellow
• Tuesday, 9th July – Insects
• Tuesday, 10th September – Wheels
• Tuesday, 12th November – Trees
• Tuesday, 14th January 2020 – Music
Award of Trophy – Tuesday, 12th May, 2020 at U3A AGM.
March 2019 Theme: "Water"
Submissions from Jennie (joint winner), Marion (joint winner), Aileen, Alan, Chris, Dave M, Dave W, Eric, Graham, Helen, Kath, Pat
May 2019 Theme: "Yellow"
Submissions from Dave M (winner), Aileen, Chris, Eric, Graham, Gwen, Helen, Kath, Marion, Pat
2018 competition winner was: "Abstract"by Jennie Barnes. 2017 competition winner was "Black & White Portrait" by Kath Woolcock
2017/2018 Competiotion Entrants were:
Portrait by Kath Woolcock (Winner), Carn Brea by Dave Morey, The Watercress Line by Alan Richardson, Harvest Mouse by Jennie Barnes, Aerial Scene by Marion Clark
|Dates for your Diary|
|Thu Jul 11th||Boat Trip from Newquay Harbour 2pm-4pm|