The Newquay u3a General Meeting is held from 10.15 am on the second Tuesday every month at the Lane Theatre, on the outskirts of Newquay.
At these meetings there is an opportunity to meet up with fellow members over a free cup of tea or coffee and biscuits. There is usually a speaker, whose talk will start at 11 am in the auditorium, followed by an address by our chairman after which our committee members and group leaders will make announcements.
Travel by bus:
- 25 bus from Newquay Bus Station arrives nearby at Lane Carn Brae House
- 25 bus from Quintrell Downs arrives at what used to be the Kings Head
- 59 bus from Newquay Bus Station arrives at what used to be the Kings Head
- 59 bus from Treloggan arrives Lane Carn Brae House
- 85 bus from Crantock arrives Morrisons, a short walk away
- 85 bus Newquay Bus Station arrives Morrisons
- U1A bus from Perranporth arrives Morrisons
- U1A bus from Newquay Bus Station arrives Morrisons
Click this link to find your next bus: Bus times
Travel by car:
- TR8 4PX (map for Monthly Meeting). Please note that the Lane Theatre car park can get very full, so please park considerately. Double park where possible as most people leave at the same time. Car share with other members who live near you if possible.
We have several interest groups covering a variety of subjects and activities, meeting as required in different venues or at each others' homes. These groups are organised by volunteers within Newquay U3A. We currently have three walking groups to suit different walking abilities. A diary of our events can be picked up at our monthly meetings and will also be emailed to our current members.